Gibson Brands Forums

epiphone riviera japan serial number

dimdim

HI, I am new here, wanna get help form the expertises here. just got a made-in-japan epiphone riviera, the serial number under the f hole is 115155 on the label(not the blue label) but no serial number on the back of headstock. It got a joint neck and splited Parallelogram on fingerboard. Would like to know which year this guitar should be? thank you

Edited by dimdim

• 2 weeks later...

Hi mate,

Im new as well. Others on here may know more but I found the link below to help me identify certain Epiphone guitars. If you can post pictures that could help others provide information. But the link below might be a good start point. Also, the split parallelogram is usually a "Riviera II" or potentially Supernova (but that would say it on the label too, so unless thats written on there, you would have a Riviera for sure)

Something I have noticed with most made in Japan Epiphone's are fantastic. They are just incredibly well made so I hope you are enjoying the guitar. Let me know if this helps as Id be happy to help further if I can.

https://www.guitarinsite.nl/serienummers-epiphone_eng.php

Greg[