• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Registration (again)

#1 User is offline   SyneRyder 

• Group: All Access
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted 14 April 2019 - 07:52 AM

Hi there,

Another customer here trying to unlock Deckadance 2 - I've got an old copy from the 2014 Image Line days (paid $79, so I think that's the Standard edition)... but like everyone else, I can't unlock because I don't have a Cakewalk account, and account creation is disabled.

I've got a serial code & my old receipt, but obviously won't be posting that to the forums :) Hopefully someone can PM me.

Good to see Deckadance is still alive though. Hope the new unlocking system might have less server-based DRM, so we don't encounter this problem again!

#2 User is offline   JOhland 

Posted 16 April 2019 - 12:45 PM

Hi!

Just the same here - no need to repeat the facts. I'm going to play a set soon, so I look forward on re-activating Deckadance 2. :-)

Clear Skies!

#3 User is offline   JOhland 

Posted 19 April 2019 - 12:11 PM

Time is running out ... can we get help here?

#4 User is offline   SyneRyder 

• LocationPerth, Australia

Posted Yesterday, 04:47 AM

I can answer my own question! If you bought Deckadance when Image Line owned it (ie before 2015, when Gibson/Stanton/Cakewalk acquired Deckadance), you can log in to your Image Line account and *carefully* read all the instructions on the My Licenses page.

Underneath the instructions about Deckadance v2.43, there is an option to download a .reg file with the licence you purchased, and even if you're on the Mac you should do this. On Windows, you just need to double-click the .reg file to install the data to the Windows Registry. But on the Mac, you need to save the .reg file in the ~/Library/Preferences/Image-Line/ folder (where ~ means your home/user folder.) That folder probably doesn't exist, so you'll need to create it yourself. But once you put your .reg file there, you're up & running.

It seems to work even with the newer Stanton/Gibson versions, I've got it working with v2.72 on macOS 10.13 now.

Hope that helps someone else!

This post has been edited by SyneRyder: Yesterday, 04:51 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users