Gibson Brands Forums

NGD BFG

sparquelito

I’m banned from tdpri.

The BFG’s are sweet guitars.

I have the p90, and was thinking of getting the humbucker one too, but a wilshire has got me distracted.

What happened?

Did you get on somebody's bad side at tdpri?

:unsure:

What happened?

Did you get on somebody's bad side at tdpri?

:unsure:

I loudly criticized the management over the constant stream of Chinese spamming, was told to stop because it hurt the mods feelings, then told the mods to **** themselves.

Here’s my BFG...

20190107-171406-2.jpg

Edited by AngelDeVille

• 1 month later...

I must say that after a couple of months, this BFG is turning out to be my favorite Les Paul of all the ones I have owned or played. 
And I have owned more than a few. 

In fact, I just sold my 2018 Les Paul Faded last weekend. 

As far as straight-up Gibsons, I have just the two now, the SG Naked and the BFT. 
(Both with P-90's)

Curious turn of events, this. 

😐
163700.jpg

Edited by sparquelito

I think this is why I go with an oil finish on my guitars and don't fill the grain...  Theres something about being able to feel the wood underneath your hands rather than some shiny thick finish.

More tactile...

3 hours ago, Rabs said:

I think this is why I go with an oil finish on my guitars and don't fill the grain...  Theres something about being able to feel the wood underneath your hands rather than some shiny thick finish.

More tactile...

I am discovering this also, Rabs;

The older I get, the less I tend to play the guitars that have super-glossy, pretty shiny finishes. 
I'm actually afraid of getting fingerprints on them. 

Stuff like this BFG, or the natural finish guitars. 
Even the old, beat-up pawn shop prizes;
You can play 'em, and enjoy them, and never worry about getting a ding or a nick on them. 

:(

Its good you can relax with it and not obsess about marks etc.

While I am very careful handling guitars, I've never treated them as 'precious'. They are covered in fingermarks etc. I'm the same with my car, I never wash/valet it unless I'm driving a woman somewhere.

Well that really does look 'hand carved'.  😉

Happy to say I bought one of these a few weeks ago after playing it and really liking the neck and fretboard.  Hated to trade in my Epi Nighthawk from Indonesia but I really like this guitar.  The P90's are my favorite and I agree this is a guitar you just PLAY! You don't really look at it in the case or have to rub it down after playing.  It will never look worse than it does new!!!  I like that.

This is my second Gibson after many Epiphones, many which were just fine.  I also have a 2015 Les Paul Special ( I know 2015 but really made well and a beautiful burst finish) but it has the slug P90's and sounds really different from the BFG.

But I have to polish it up after playing.  Not so the BFG!  Great neck and rough and ready looks.  Thought about making changes in pickup color, knobs, etc. but I don't want to lose the vibe of this guitar.  So, enjoy to all the BFG players out there.  Sometimes "Les" is more!