Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hello from Blacksburg, VA

#1 User is offline   Bob_R 

• Group: All Access
  • LocationBlacksburg, VA

Posted 22 April 2019 - 06:27 AM

Hey there. I've been playing electric bass and guitar since 1971. I'm a lefty, so I've had a strange history of buying and selling instruments. My first "real" lefty was a Gibson EB3 slot-head from 1973 - now sold. I'm not pretty much a P-bass guy, though I own a Hofner as well. My current Gibsons are guitars - a recent vintage Les Paul Gold Top and a 2017 J-45 that I got last week. The J-45 brought me to the forum. I like the acoustic sound and the playability. Though I don't intend to use the pickup much, I gave it a try, and it definitely needs to be tweeked. I found the info I need in some old posts, but I thought I'd register and introduce myself.

#2 User is offline   kidblast 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationCentral Mass (U.S.A.)

Posted 22 April 2019 - 07:53 AM

View PostBob_R, on 22 April 2019 - 06:27 AM, said:

Hey there. I've been playing electric bass and guitar since 1971. I'm a lefty, so I've had a strange history of buying and selling instruments. My first "real" lefty was a Gibson EB3 slot-head from 1973 - now sold. I'm not pretty much a P-bass guy, though I own a Hofner as well. My current Gibsons are guitars - a recent vintage Les Paul Gold Top and a 2017 J-45 that I got last week. The J-45 brought me to the forum. I like the acoustic sound and the playability. Though I don't intend to use the pickup much, I gave it a try, and it definitely needs to be tweeked. I found the info I need in some old posts, but I thought I'd register and introduce myself.

Hey Bob!

The J45s I think come with a LR Baggs Anthem (if it's stock) those pickups sound pretty good. You may like what it delivers.

you may find the acoustic forum a place of interest:
http://forum.gibson....ibson-acoustic/

Welcome to the forum.

This post has been edited by kidblast: 22 April 2019 - 07:53 AM

/Ray

#3 User is offline   tx-ogre 

• Pup Tentacle
  • LocationIn My Excentrifugal Forz

Posted 22 April 2019 - 04:45 PM

Welcome aboard. Enjoy your stay.

#4 User is offline   unklemars 

Posted 18 May 2019 - 08:35 AM

View PostBob_R, on 22 April 2019 - 06:27 AM, said:

Hey I lived in Pulaski Va as a kid .great place to be your close to that. clatter lake rocks. had to say hey play everyday till you can't get it wrong

#5 User is offline   Retired 

• The Ham bone is connected to the ........
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 May 2019 - 08:51 PM

Welcome to the forum Bob. Posted Image Nice to have you join.
Herman

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users