Gibson Brands Forums

Still at it

AnneS

Hey all--

If you're up for a toe-tapping, happy and/or sad (listener's choice!) ditty, this new song is for you...

(It's a rough recording, with base and drum lines courtesy of Music Memos--one day, I may give this one proper treatment, but in the meantime, I think this rendition gives decent access to the song itself.)

I'd be interested in feedback about the song--it's always a helpful thing, if you're so inclined. But then--feel free to pass on by, too! [thumbup]

Don't Want to Go Out

• Upvote 2

Hey all--

If you're up for a toe-tapping, happy and/or sad (listener's choice!) ditty, this new song is for you...

(It's a rough recording, with base and drum lines courtesy of Music Memos--one day, I may give this one proper treatment, but in the meantime, I think this rendition gives decent access to the song itself.)

I'd be interested in feedback about the song--it's always a helpful thing, if you're so inclined. But then--feel free to pass on by, too! [thumbup]

Don't Want to Go Out

Good take on an subject that isn’t usually explored in song. Good song and presentation.

QM aka “Jazzman” Jeff

Yeah, a good one, Anne. And great vocals on this.......There's a somberness and warmth to every song you've put on here and it's very genuine. I think you write from "who and where" you are as a human being and your music comes-out very real. BTW, what guitar did you use? I think the bass notes really resonate and are very clear.,.,..Good stuff, kid!!! [thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup]

Larry, the bass you’re hearing is a Music Memos add; the guitar is my new RainSong parlor, capo on the 5th, which is quite even, tone-wise, but not particularly thumpy. (It’s what was out in the stand when the urge struck.)

Can’t wait to give it a whirl on the J45.