Gibson Brands Forums

Ace Frehley Black Beauty

Bob2.0

Back in 1977 I saw Ace Frehley with KISS and I've been playing guitar ever since. Consequently, my weapon of choice is a Les Paul, so it would stand to reason that at some point I'd get an Ace Frehley signature edition LP. However, each time one has been released, I've been facing some financial situation or expense that kept me from pulling the trigger.

I've heard rumors that maybe Gibson would be teaming up with him to release a Black Beauty signature edition. I'm ready this time, if it happens.

My question to the forum is...

1. Does anyone know if this will actually happen.

2. How do you keep on top of news? I'd like to order one right away and don't want to find out about it when it's too late.

All the best.

Bob 2.0

I too am curious regarding a Gibson Ace Frehley Black Beauty Model. I was at Ace's Seattle WA Show this year. I had meet/Greet tickets. I asked him directly .. Ace said YES, (was not suppose to discuss it). Ace even went as far as telling the crowd during his show when he brought out his Les Paul Black Beauty.

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Snowblind78 said:

Ace confirmed this a few days ago on a Eddie Trunk interview. I want one! Gibson, lets get this guitar out soon! 🤘🏼

Eddie hates vinyl. He is very knowledgeable, but just rambles on and on.  His show with the 2 comedians (I know they both love metal, but I grew tired of their dumb looks into the camera) was pretty cool. Good guests. 

Go on Trunks show KISS, what are you scared of...Eddie?

My parents would not let me go see Kiss on the Love Gun tour at the Cow Palace in Daly City. Had to wait till '95 or '96 to see em.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

14 hours ago, 01GT eibach said:

Thanks, Captain Obvious.  Hopefully you didn't spend too much time researching that.  Maybe time for some decaf, eh?

I'm not that smart, but the color and Epiphone being on the head stock, even a second day employee would know the difference.