Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul XR1 Goldburst - Keystone Tuners?

Lamf77

I came across this on the local market group. It's simply listed as a Les Paul XR1. The seller is a retired woman, selling her late husband's collection. I have messaged the seller for more photos, but have yet to hear back.

I did some research on these and they seem like a great guitar at the right price.

My only concern about this one is the tuners. Every XR1 model I have found searching, has the chrome tuners. This one seems to have Vintage Style Keystone tuners.

Does anyone know if these tuners were stock on any XR1 models? I'm not gonna push the owner if the guitar is not stock, due to the circumstances of her selling.

Any help or advice is appreciated!

post-59916-060706600 1558213309_thumb.jpg

Looks pretty sweet. The guy may have been like like me and preferred the old Keystone Klusons and swapped them out. I wouldn't think that would kill the value of that particular Les Paul. I would continue to push for more pic like you're doing.

This is kind of what the future of what my guitars may look, wife putting them for sale on the internet... Sell my Les Paul for $49.99, free shipping.

Edited by Big Bill

Looks pretty sweet. The guy may have been like like me and preferred the old Keystone Klusons and swapped them out. I wouldn't think that would kill the value of that particular Les Paul. I would continue to push for more pic like you're doing.

This is kind of what the future of what my guitars may look, wife putting them for sale on the internet... Sell my Les Paul for $49.99, free shipping.

Well I got a picture of the back. If I look at the bottom, looks like holes were filled. I usually tell by the drill hole...these tuners seem to cover them.

Weird this is serial number: 202340. It puts the guitar at the early 70s. But I thought the XR1 were 80's?

post-59916-052513700 1558221055_thumb.jpg

Never mind! She is selling another Gibson, ES120...right area, wrong guitar!

Edited by Lamf77

So you owe it to yourself to wear 'em out before then. Have at it BB ;)

Well I got a picture of the back. If I look at the bottom, looks like holes were filled. I usually tell by the drill hole...these tuners seem to cover them.

Weird this is serial number: 202340. It puts the guitar at the early 70s. But I thought the XR1 were 80's?

post-59916-052513700 1558221055_thumb.jpg

Never mind! She is selling another Gibson, ES120...right area, wrong guitar!

Ouch, I wouldn't pay more than $600 myself.