Gibson Brands Forums

Sunday Plans

uncle fester

Folks - We're in the middle of that perfect stretch of weather you get in New England (could be 2 days or 2 months... probably 2 days). But anyways it's Sunday, sunny, gonna be close to 70 deg F, and I've got 8 1/2 lbs of pork on the smoker, (which means I'm trapped at home for the next 12 hrs anyways) awwwwe. Couple that with a campfire, all the making of smores, my J45 and a family that has lost video game privileges and we've got the makings of a nice day.

eRO2cax.jpg?1

Who else has Sunday plans?

We have had a remarkably long stretch of nice weather. Getting me kind of worried. Today though, we will take advantage of it and finish up planting the kitchen garden. As Guy Clark has reminded us the only things that money can't buy are true love and homegrown tomatoes. Ain't it the truth.

Gonna have to mow the lawn. What time should I be over for dinner?

Put in an hour or so of work on one contract job early this morning, then mowed the yard while it was still cool enough (Florida is already hot). Maybe wash my wife's car late this afternoon when there's shade on the driveway.

Some quality time with my "new" 1950 J-45 in between, and later tonight.

Thinking of happy hour and bar bites at the Bonefish Grill later.

Got an email from a friend this morning asking if I was going to our 50th college reunion next weekend. Nah, most of the people I would be interested in seeing are still too busy doing more interesting things than trying to recognize people they knew 50 years ago, who now have less hair and bigger guts. I'd rather remember them all as they were at 21.

Back to the grind tomorrow, with conference calls, schedules to set, problems to solve. Come to think of it, one day is much like another here.

There must be a song in there somewhere...

Edited by j45nick

Thanks all for the replies, fun to read!

I like your pork infused set up! Out my way it's raining and dreary=perfect day for the couch guitar and some nap time ;)

planned couch guitar time is good time!

As Guy Clark has reminded us the only things that money can't buy are true love and homegrown tomatoes. Ain't it the truth.

Home grown tomatoes, mmmmm hmmmmm!

Gonna have to mow the lawn. What time should I be over for dinner?

6:00, bring an appetite (and a guitar!)

Rainy day again here in central Indiana. We are getting rain everyother day it seems..I am in for meeting at your place the pork sounds good and I know the 45 sounds good as well..LOL Have fun sounds like a great idea.

More the merrier, head on over. btw spent a week in Vincennes Indiana last year - loved it!

Some quality time with my "new" 1950 J-45 in between, and later tonight... Back to the grind tomorrow, with conference calls, schedules to set, problems to solve. Come to think of it, one day is much like another here.

quality time with the new J-45 makes the sameness of everything else better.

headin' out to my drummer buddies house to play a little music in the barn. Kind of rainy here in Cali.

Drummer, you're hardcore!

18 holes of golf this afternoon, then chicken enchiladas, followed by a campfire with a coupla geetars. Beautiful here, too.

Best day yet!

Late as usual - any of that pork left, Billroy?

We are 12 hours ahead and in Autumn but Sunday (yesterday was a nice sunny day.)

Now for quite a long while, every Sunday morning I make an effort to go through some DADGAD tuning stuff, mostly on Lowdens but not always. Yesterday morning it was the Lowden O22.

Had a break and a cup of tea and then the dog and I hid out the back because the Better Half wanted to go to her Mom's..... [bored]

Dog and I came out when the coast was clear, had something to eat, then went 'experimental' with pickups stuff. (People were talking about Sunrise pickups being the best on AGF while others thought it needed more - a K&K as well or an internal mic.) "DING" went the thing. I know! I will try the Sunrise in my Maton SRS808 and turn off the undersaddle pickup and run just the mic section - it has sep controls for the pickup and the mic. Anyway, the Maton has a small soundhole so I had to take off the clamps on the side of the Sunrise and used gaffa tape to stick it to the guitar's soundhole. Plugged it to the Sunrise preamp and to a channel of my mixer. Plugged in a lead from my Maton to the mixer, added about 30% of the mic volume and blended both channels on the mixer. Volia! Sunrise pickup PLUS internal mic! Then I couldn't get the pickup out of the hole and had to loosen all the strings. (can't see doing that sitting on the edge of a stage before a gig :blink: ....)

I emerged from my music room intact and the dog looked at me with that 'disappointed in you, what about the walk on the beach? look', so we jumped in the car to drive to the closest beach that allows dogs, but stopped on the way to look at a used car for sale (obvious it was a convertible and not a coupe when I saw it in the flesh, dunno about a soft top in this place! Last Sunday, we all jumped in the car to go out and it went..."zzzrrrhhhhh" "keboom" and spent the whole week at the mechanic's, so I am thinking of getting a spare car), walked along beach, dog had a couple of swims and chased a stick. Got in the car to come home and my phone rang - the Better Half was on the way home.

When she arrived home, we went to the shops for supplies. Came home and it was still early for dinner, so I headed to the music room and grabbed my new Taylor 717e and started infusing melody lines from "101 Country Greats" in to the guitar!

Then the TV went on and I watched my football team get murdered.

How is that for a Sunday tale?

Monday midday now - [omg]

BluesKing777

Edited by BluesKing777

Man, you people of leisure really have it made.

Since I worked 6 days last week, Sunday was supposed to be a mow day. But it rained here early.

So I waited a bit, then went down to the cabin in the woods and the mower wouldn't start. And it was really wet and muddy because it rained quite a bit in the woods. So after swapping batteries it still wouldn't start. After some choice words and more wrenching I discovered a field mouse had built a nest around the starter Bendix and jammed the works when I hit the switch.

God rest his soul.

When it was ready to go I came to the realization that it was simply too wet to mow down there and went home and helped the wife mow the yard here, then sorted some tools and took a shower.

At 6:00 p.m. I was eating Nathans hot dogs and watching the Cubs beat the Nationals.

Now I need to get ready for another work week.

In the same climate here in Canada, Bill. Lots of gardening done today and just finished lovely unfiltered cream ale. Life is good!

Gardening days are good days!

Taking my lovely wife out for the afternoon topped off by seeing Santana at House of Blues in 'Vegas [cool]

[thumbup]

Triple AAA Baseball in San Antonio. 90 degrees 3 beers. 5/1 Missions bottom of the 7th Here comes the sun!

AAA Ball is where it's at for us, $6 for a ticket, $11 for the good seats - love it!

Last Sunday, we all jumped in the car to go out and it went..."zzzrrrhhhhh" "keboom"

Then the TV went on and I watched my football team get murdered.

BluesKing777

I find when a car makes that noise, it's typically due to the radio not being loud enough... and watching the team get murdered, we took the win yesterday, but Buc's freakin' 'Stros schooled us on Fri and Saturday.

After some choice words and more wrenching I discovered a field mouse had built a nest around the starter Bendix and jammed the works when I hit the switch.

God rest his soul.

Hats off to all the good mice in our worlds building homes in our lawn mowers.

Seems like Sunday was a good day for all. Monday is set a major tornado outbreak across the Oklahoma City metro. Basically shutting down the state offices, all public schools closed etc. Just received pop up on my phone calling for all planes off of Tinker AFB. Weather stations are going crazy with baseball size hail and major flooding.

Seems like Sunday was a good day for all. Monday is set a major tornado outbreak across the Oklahoma City metro. Basically shutting down the state offices, all public schools closed etc. Just received pop up on my phone calling for all planes off of Tinker AFB. Weather stations are going crazy with baseball size hail and major flooding.

'luck, be safe.