Gibson Brands Forums

ID ES335

rafalbar

Depending on what kind of music you play(330's are totally hollow so, they tend to feedback at higher volumes), buy it! ES-330's are fantastic sounding instruments! I've had one for a long time and I'll never part with it!

the fretboard looks very worn, you would have to buy on line without being able to try it.

j98sxg.jpg

It does look like the seller is trying to be honest sending a pic that clearly shows significant fretboard wear. I'd be concerned about fret wear too. Personally, I'd pass. Especially if looking for a 335.

Thank you Wmachine. Also I think it's not what I'm looking for. I've seen a 335 blonde from 1985 that has me in love ... the price is what I do not like, but I'll probably end up buying it

Edited by rafalbar

thanks for your advice G Mac. I'm afraid to buy online, the other day I went to try a 335 dot of 1995 and I did not like it at all ... the sound that came out of stepping on the string on the freatboard was very bad .. however the body came out a good sound ... with body and quality. But the freatboard was as much treble and metal ... with an unpleasant vibration. I adjusted the bar of the mast and the height of strings and I did not get any improvement. However I tried another ES 335 new 2012 in store and I fell in love with the sound and game .. a sound like my best les paul but with that hollow body plus with more resonance and brightness but without sounding tin ... excuse me English.

Edited by rafalbar

Hey, rafalbar! I'd say your English is pretty darn good! What is your native language? Anyway, I would do just what you've already done; play a bunch of guitars and buy the one that speaks to you. Guitars, like people, have individual personalities and souls. One of them is just for you! Good luck on your quest and let us know how it turns out! Peace!