Gibson Brands Forums

Bring back the V in lefty!!! Please?

moff40

First post here...

I've been jonesing for a V lately, but I'm a lefty. Seems Gibson hasn't made a lefty V (neither the '67, or the faded series) in a few years, so they're pretty hard to find. Sometimes they come up for sale on the 'net, but I always seem to miss the good deals by about five minutes.

Please Gibson, I know we left-handers don't represent much marketshare, and I know LPs and SGs are available in lefty (though limited in models and colours), but it would be nice if you would make your entire line (Explorers and V's) available, too - even if it's by special order only (I don't mean Custom Shop - I mean the normal Gibson USA factory, built in small batches every 3-6 months).

Anybody else feel the same?

no thats a bad for gibson as a company they dont sell like for example

in my local guitar shop localy owend not guitar center thats the devils shop

there has been a lefty flying v 84 only $400 siting in there for 2 years

Please PM me with the details of the shop (City, name of the store, their number). Thanks.

I didn't mean that they should be a regularly manufactured item, or that stores should stock them, but I think that all of the Gibson line should be available in left hand, with models other than the few LPs and SGs we now have available on special order... That way, stores don't have stock that doesn't move, and we lefties get to play our preferred guitars, without settling.

You know what would be sick? get a normal v, (more color/option choices too) and string it lefty like hendrix :)/

Vs have the slanted bridge too, so youll get a slightly different sound, and it looks cool. idk what it is, but any guitar with the knobs and pickguard on the top, just looks awesome

Archived