Gibson Brands Forums

replacing my stolen Martin HD 28..............

rlouie

remember how I got all my guitars stolen last month, well insurance came through and it's time to replace the Martin HD28 that got stolen, and I found a good one, it's on it's way to me right now from California. I bought it from a member on the AGF. It's a beauty and here's some pics.......................it's a 2006 Martin HD28 amber burst top, rosewood back and sides

martinHD238ab.jpgMartinHD28amberburst2.jpg

MartinHD28amberburst4.jpgMartinHD28amberburst3.jpg

Glad it worked out. Was the insurance company easy to work with?

actually it was, this is my first time to deal with our insurance company in matters like this but they were very easy to work with. I got the check in 3 weeks time..............and they paid more than what my receipts showed I paid for each guitar. Go figure huh ??????????

i think that's the nicest burst martin i've seen and in this case i think i like it better than the natural. looks like a nice guitar. once again sorry about your loss (i don't what i'd do if something happened to to my guitar. i'd probably go crazy.) but now you have a little more unique guitar. hope it works out!

nice guitar...so whats something like that run pricewise?

the guy I'm buying it from paid $2662.00 in Sept. 2007 ................................I paid $1800.00...............we can post prices here can't we ????????????

the guy I'm buying it from paid $2662.00 in Sept. 2007 ................................I paid $1800.00...............we can post prices here can't we ????????????

i think you just did.....that is one swell looking guitar

I think my gibson would like one to hang out with......now all I need is is a few grand....****

actually it was' date=' this is my first time to deal with our insurance company in matters like this but they were very easy to work with. I got the check in 3 weeks time..............and they paid more than what my receipts showed I paid for each guitar. Go figure huh ?????????? [/quote']

Did you have separate riders on your guitars? I don't think my insurance company would be that generous without them.

BTW, that is a gorgeous guitar!

I've checked into this a lot in the past. It entirely depends on your insurance company. I have my insurance through Farmers. I checked into riders, however I was told that my regular homeowner's policy would cover any loss, up to the maximum amount of covered loss listed on the policy.

It was suggested that I keep good records (photos, receipts, etc.) so it would be easier to document what was taken. But, I think most people do that anyway. You should check with your individual insurance company though, as I know they all differ.

Did you have separate riders on your guitars? I don't think my insurance company would be that generous without them.

BTW' date=' that is a gorgeous guitar![/quote']

I actually did not have separate riders for my guitars, my regular home owners covered it (State Farm) I sent them pics and receipts and they paid me what it would cost to replace my guitars not what I paid for them.

I've checked into this a lot in the past. It entirely depends on your insurance company. I have my insurance through Farmers. I checked into riders' date=' however I was told that my regular homeowner's policy would cover any loss, up to the maximum amount of covered loss listed on the policy.

It was suggested that I keep good records (photos, receipts, etc.) so it would be easier to document what was taken. But, I think most people do that anyway. You should check with your individual insurance company though, as I know they all differ.[/quote']

besides the actually robbery my insurance company made this almost a pleasant ordeal with the way they handled my claim.................

Archived