Gibson Brands Forums

Acoustic Amp Advice

pick and strum

I use an Ibanez Acoustic Guitar Amplifier IBZ10A if I'm looking to directly mic my guitar from my pickup at home and not run it into my sound system. Very happy with it and it was under $100. Just be careful when shopping for one, if you do, that you make sure its the Acoustic Guitar Amplifer version of the 10A, as Ibanez also makes a very similar looking electric guitar amp that is also 10A. That one is wired differenty and not for mic'ing an acoustic guitar, meaning it sounds different than the Acoustic Guitar Amplifier version. You might want to check out Harmony Central reviews of acoustic guitar amps, too.

QM

Highly recommend the UltraSound AG50 or AG30. For the price, (and even at much higher prices) you can't beat this amp for pure acoustic tone. Nice selection of effects but I primarily like to add only a little reverb sometimes. I have an AG50 that is perfect for small situations and it weighs less than 30 lbs. My Genz Benz Shenandoah Stereo Deluxe 200 watt amp get's used in larger venues but the Ultrasound can also work for that if mic'd or run into the PA system. Try one, you will love it! =P~/

I just got the AER compact 60 acoustic amp, and am very pleased. Very true to acoustic sound. I actually got the one with the battery backup which lets me go mobile for 3-5 hours. Cool. If you can try this amp next to some of the others out there (I tried California Blonde, and others) you will definitely see a difference. Kind of pricey, but if you shop now, you can get some of last year models at the old price....it is going up because of the Euro/US dollar discrepency ....good luck....

Archived