Mooseguy's still looking

For his dream guitar

He's been a'looking

A'wide and afar

Everytime I see

The word ex-cell-en-te

I think of mooseguy

Exclusively

I sure hope you find an Excellente soon, Mooseguy 'cause I'm running out of poems :)

Mooseguy's still looking

For his dream guitar

He's been a'looking

A'wide and afar

Everytime I see

The word ex-cell-en-te

I think of mooseguy

Exclusively

I sure hope you find an Excellente soon' date=' Mooseguy 'cause I'm running out of poems [-X [/quote']

KAREN:

You have become my dream girl now with Dolly(Parton that is) No.2

cause your hopes for an Excellente for me is so sweet and true I think

So with this in mind, I'lle go and have a drink

and toast the wine so fine to you and an Excellente

Moose

Moose, are you looking for a vintage one? I just read that you can still custom-order them. I just read this on a banjo forum.... it was a January 2008 post.... "The rare Epiphone Excellente flat top, one of the most collectible vintage guitars ever, is still available by custom order after it's successful limited edition run sold out."

Moose' date=' are you looking for a vintage one? I just read that you can still custom-order them. I just read this on a banjo forum.... it was a January 2008 post.... [b']"The rare Epiphone Excellente flat top, one of the most collectible vintage guitars ever, is still available by custom order after it's successful limited edition run sold out."[/b]

Karen

Thank you for your tipoff regarding a custom order possibility for an Excellente.

Regards,

Moose

P.S. The hunt is a lot more fun than just writing a check - However - If you got the money honey-I've got the time.

I believe I saw an older Epi Excellente in Guitar Center' date=' Columbus, Ohio. It has been a month or so since I was in there.[/quote']

Rosewoody:

Thanks a heap for the lead=will follow up & let you know-I did check their national inventory list and it did not show-may have been sold.

Moose

Those epi's are rarer than wolverines in the California mountains.

Keep hope:

mn_wolverine.jpg

Thanks for the encouraging words. I shall post your wolverine photo next to Karen's bird photo-If no Excellente ever appears, at least I will have the start of a great pet photo collection that will merit museum attention.

Regards.

Moose

Look out Ya'll....The MOOSE is on the LOOSE.....! Karen' date=' your poem is most excellente'[/quote']

RETROROD:

IF YOU DESIRE TO CONSIDERABLY SHORTEN THE REVERED LIFE OF OF THE "GREAT MASKED ONE" IE. SENIOR ESTABAN-PLEASE KEEP POSTING THAT SHOT OF YOUR GUITAR COLLECTION.

NEWS FLASH: THE PPP ACADEMY OF ADVANCE GUITAR TECHNIGUES IS SERIOUSLY CONSIDERING

ASKING YOU FOR A LOAN OF YOUR COLLECTION TO HONOR THE APPROACHING VISIT OF

SENIOR E. THE LOAN OF YOUR COLLECTION SHALL BE MADE WITH THE EXPRESS PROVISO

THAT, AT YOUR EXPENSE, YOU AGREE TO FURNISH THE GUEST OF HONOR WITH ANY

REQUIRED RESUSITATION ATTEMPTS SHOULD HE DESIRE TO TRY YOUR GIBSONS FOR

COMPARISON PURPOSES.

REGARDS,

MOOSE

Thanks for the encouraging words. I shall post your wolverine photo next to Karen's bird photo-If no Excellente ever appears' date=' at least I will have the start of a great pet photo collection that will merit museum attention.

Regards.

Moose[/quote']

No no, that was Laura's bird photo (JoJo). I could get you a picture of my cat though.... he looks a bit like an Alaskan Malamute. *grin*

RETROROD:

IF YOU DESIRE TO CONSIDERABLY SHORTEN THE REVERED LIFE OF OF THE "GREAT MASKED ONE" IE. SENIOR ESTABAN-PLEASE KEEP POSTING THAT SHOT OF YOUR GUITAR COLLECTION.

NEWS FLASH: THE PPP ACADEMY OF ADVANCE GUITAR TECHNIGUES IS SERIOUSLY CONSIDERING

ASKING YOU FOR A LOAN OF YOUR COLLECTION TO HONOR THE APPROACHING VISIT OF

SENIOR E. THE LOAN OF YOUR COLLECTION SHALL BE MADE WITH THE EXPRESS PROVISO

THAT' date=' AT YOUR EXPENSE, YOU AGREE TO FURNISH THE GUEST OF HONOR WITH ANY

REQUIRED RESUSITATION ATTEMPTS SHOULD HE DESIRE TO TRY YOUR GIBSONS FOR

COMPARISON PURPOSES.

REGARDS,

MOOSE [/quote']

Yes Mooseguy...These Gibsons are a lot of fun...But not meant to inflict serious health issues on any members of the Forum or the PPP Academia! Since I don,t know CPR techniques and have 'limited liability' insurance, I would have to decline any requests for a loan of my collection...

Best Regards, RRod

Mooseguy,

Is there a specific animal called the Excellente, or are you referring to a line of guitars? ...please excuse my ignorance...

The reason that I ask is that there is a dread with an F-something model #(maybe?) for sale nearby that says Epiphone Excellente on the label. It's definitely an older guitar......HAH!.... I just found my chicken-scratch that I made when I left the shop 4 or 5 weeks ago.. It says Model # FT-550.

If you want I can check it out closer. I don't even know if it's what you're looking for. I seem to remember it needs a neck reset also....

Mooseguy' date='

Is there a specific animal called the Excellente, or are you referring to a line of guitars? ...please excuse my ignorance...

The reason that I ask is that there is a dread with an F-something model #(maybe?) for sale nearby that says Epiphone Excellente on the label. It's definitely an older guitar......HAH!.... I just found my chicken-scratch that I made when I left the shop 4 or 5 weeks ago.. It says Model # FT-550.

If you want I can check it out closer. I don't even know if it's what you're looking for. I seem to remember it needs a neck reset also....

[/quote'] THANK YOU EDIE DEAN FOR YOUR APPRECIATED HEADS UP ON THIS ECCELLENTE-UNFORTUNATELY NOT

THE KIND EXCELLENTE I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR. PLEASE SEE MY EMAIL TO YOU

FOR FURTHER DETAILS.

REGARDS,

MOOSE

No no' date=' that was Laura's bird photo (JoJo). I could get you a picture of my cat though.... he looks a bit like an Alaskan Malamute. *grin*[/quote']

Karen:

Sorry to have confused Laura',s bird with your cat. If I receive a photo of your cat, it shall be kept ever close to my future Excellente should it ever be found.

Moose

P.S There would be nothing better than having a cat claw top Excellente rather than one with

bear tracks.

Yes Mooseguy...These Gibsons are a lot of fun...But not meant to inflict serious health issues on any members of the Forum or the PPP Academia! Since I don' date='t know CPR techniques and have 'limited liability' insurance, I would have to decline any requests for a loan of my collection...

Best Regards, RRod[/quote']

Retro:

Now that the PPP Academy has been advised that your Gibson collection cannot be exhibited,

please be advised that the temporary field hospital already installed

for the possible care of "the Great Masked One" should he have gazed into your Gibson collection

has been dismantled. As emptying the prepared interveinus bottles of 200 proof tequila would be such a waste, the Academy has generously allowed the graduating class to sample this rare vintage(the worms found therein were on steroids)before the start of their coming concert to honor our revered guest. Knowing how much the playing agility of the 12 graduaters will be truly enhanced by this taste treat assures the players that only true clinkers will be produced and not the near misses that they are so prone to play under such stressful conditions.

Respectfully reported by

Moose

I believe I saw an older Epi Excellente in Guitar Center' date=' Columbus, Ohio. It has been a month or so since I was in there.[/quote']

Hi Rosewood:

Thanks AGAIN for you heads up on the Ohio Excellente:

I called Guitar Center-Columbus and they have no record of having or having had such a guitar.Thanks anyway-it could have been the real thing.

REGARDS,

MOOSE

Karen:

Sorry to have confused Laura'' date='s bird with your cat. If I receive a photo of your cat, it shall be kept ever close to my future Excellente should it ever be found.

Moose

P.S There would be nothing better than having a cat claw top Excellente rather than one with

bear tracks.

[/quote']

Ben-nistheMenace.jpg

Isn't he a cutie-pie!? I'm sure he would love to walk all over any guitar, just to add that special effect!

p.s. don't think I never vacuum.... I have two of these critters, both long-haired!

oh man, I wish you knew you wanted one, I just gave one to my friend that's been in our attic for years.

Okay, I'm kidding. I remember when seeing this that you've been looking for one - good luck. If I see one, hear of any, I'll post it here.

Ben-nistheMenace.jpg

Isn't he a cutie-pie!? I'm sure he would love to walk all over any guitar' date=' just to add that special effect!

p.s. don't think I never vacuum.... I have two of these critters, both long-haired![/quote']

Karen: What a beauty and thank you for the photo. What is his name and would you consider allowing him to become the official mascot of the PPP Academy for Advanced Guitar Techniques? This

institution of higher musical knowledge cries out for just such a symbol of laissez faire. Besides, his visit to the campus for honorary induction purposes is sure to excite the female cat community for miles around. Anxiously awaiting your reply.

Moose

P.S.Diverting back to the point -thank you and ALL other responders for your CONTINUED interest in my BIG EXCELLENTE SEARCH.

• 7 months later...

I have an Epiphone Excellente (FT-120). I bought it new at Briggs & Briggs in Harvard Square (July 1966) for $370 plus an additional $40 for a hardshell case. I was told when I bought it that someone had special ordered it but never followed through so I was getting a great price. I think I was because they had a used FT-120 for $275 and it was all beat up. Even the inlay had been removed. Unfortunately, I can't sell it - I have too many memories associated with it. I hope one turns up for the mooseguy.

I have an Epiphone Excellente (FT-120). I bought it new at Briggs & Briggs in Harvard Square (July 1966) for $370 plus an additional $40 for a hardshell case. I was told when I bought it that someone had special ordered it but never followed through so I was getting a great price. I think I was because they had a used FT-120 for $275 and it was all beat up. Even the inlay had been removed. Unfortunately' date=' I can't sell it - I have too many memories associated with it. I hope one turns up for the mooseguy.[/quote']

Allen: Thanks a heap for your good wishes-Late summer I finally found what is a super mint 66 Excellente-but I AM STILL LOOKING FOR ANOTHER if you ever decide to let yours go or hear of one for sale so please keep my EMail

Moose

d.dogs@verizon.net

Archived