Gibson Brands Forums

Tenacious T

This is really a strange problem. They [the avatars] seem to be working for some and not for others. I still can't see all of them. Every once and a while' date=' one will display, but not all of them.[/quote']

Same problem here. They seem to appear and disappear at random; they will be there the first time I visit a given page, and then if I return to it later in the same session, the avatars are gone, replaced with the red question-mark boxes.

On another, related note, my post count is off, as it appears to be for others. I have seen more than one person who has posted a message but has a count of zero right next to the very message he or she just posted. My points are correct if they are credited three points per post, but my post count is off--even though I see all my posts whenever I check in my profile to see my recent postings to the forum.

Strange little bugs here and there but overall, the forum is a great improvement. I just wish we could get more people here and talking on a regular basis.

Still an unresolved issue. They should have waited to launch this forum until they had it ready to go. :)

I don't know. In the list of priorities, I'm guessing the avatar issue is fairly minor, compared to the ability to log onto the forum. With the old forum, many members jumped ship because they couldn't ever log on. At least now it seems like everyone can at least log on. If Gibson would have waiting until all the bugs had been worked out, who knows how many forum members would have been left to participate?

Of course it's not a "major" problem...but one would think that a company as large as Gibson could put up a functional forum for it's loyal consumers.

Let's face it...were not going anywhere. We would all be right here if the forum launched last month or six months from now.

Anyhoo...not an issue. Just think out loud.

Rock on!

I've been seeing ALL avatars for several days now. I thought the issue was resolved.

Also, there is no way to test every configuration, or even a large portion of the possible configurations without taking the board "Live".

The only "problems" I've seen so far have been the "reading from cache" problem (resolved) and the Avatar problem (I thought resolved). Anything else is a minor blip that can be fix as we go.

We can Register, Log-In, Post, Post pictures, Reply.... everything else is gravy.

Of course it's not a "major" problem...but one would think that a company as large as Gibson could put up a functional forum for it's loyal consumers.

Let's face it...were not going anywhere. We would all be right here if the forum launched last month or six months from now.

Anyhoo...not an issue. Just think out loud.

Rock on!

I'd like to think you are correct, but the fact is, many "loyal" Gibson Forum members who couldn't log onto the old forum were going to other guitar forums and complaining about the Gibson Forum. Some have since returned to the new forum, but I know of several who have not. By getting the new forum up and running as soon as possible so people could at least log on, Gibson avoided a lot of continued negative publicity on the other forums.

I hear ya'. But you can't blame people for going somewhere that has a better available forum. The old Gibson forum was terrible as I think we can all agree. That's what led me to the "My Les Paul Forums"...They have a fully functional board, that works & looks great.

I can see the point of launching the new Gibson forum & working on it as they go, but to me, it would seem that the company that actually makes the guitars that we all play would have the best place for it's consumers to gather & at this point in time, the forum that I mentioned previously is far superior.

That being said, it's not a big deal. I just don't come to this forum first for my Gibson info because it's simply not the best available place to go at this point in time. Will they get there? Maybe. But for now, it's number 3 on my list of guitar forums that I visit.

Anyhoo...I still love my Gibson. Forums dont really make my "worry" scale.

Rock on!

I don't blame them for going elsewhere. The only point I was really trying to make was that if Gibson would have waited to get the new forum up and running until after all of the bugs were worked out, many more people may have left and never returned. I also agree that the "company that actually makes the guitars that we all play would have the best place for it's consumers to gather", however it should probably be noted that I believe Gibson is one of the few companies that actually operate their own forum. Many of the other forums are privately operated.

Archived