Gibson Brands Forums

Your favorite guitarist ever!!!

jrseriel

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I say this with some bias, as I am a huge AC/DC fan, I have to say Angus and Malcolm Young, whenever I have seen them play live, their performances have been absolutely flawless.

And I know it's a matter of opinion, but to me Angus Young has to be one of the greatest guitarists of all time, how does one play those blistering solos at a lightning pace with no mistakes? Angus Young = Guitar God.

George Harrison

Agreed, The Late George Harrison (RIP) was one very underrated member of the Beatles. His solo stuff was great, and he was brilliant in The travelling Wilburys.

To pick one as a favorite, it is without doubt, Randy Rhoads, but who has heard everyone play, really? Check out this friend of mine...

He is in my top favs, along with mathias jaabs

Interesting a couple of people named Elvis and Johnny Cash? Whilst I love both these artists, I never considered either to be good guitarists. Elvis used the guitar more as a prop than an instrument if you get what I mean?...and Johnny played so basically I never thought of him as a great player either. They were singers in my mind, not guitar players. As I said I am a fan of both, it's just they never impressed me guitar wise. For a great country player check out Joe Maphis [smile]

That is because the thread is about "your favorite guitarist ever."

I would say: James Hetfield

He knows how to play some fast and powerful song. He can sort of sing at the same time, he looks awesome with a guitar and he seems to be a nice guy.

If it was "name The best guitarist ever (According to you)"

I would say: Stevie Ray Vaughan or Yngwie because I do not know enough about their skills but they look impressive.

and another one for the fun "your favorite performer who knows how to play guitar"

I would say: Elvis! because he is my dad and he is the f'n KING!

[rolleyes][cursing]

These last couple of weeks my 'most listened to' has been the wonderful Wilko Johnson.

Considering what he's had to endure over the last few years I want to say "Long May He Play"!

msp_thumbup.gif

Pip.

That is because the thread is about "your favorite guitarist ever."

Haha! Elvis was great as a singer and performer and I own a lot of his records, I just never considered him to be a guitarist. Just because he held a guitar and pretended to strum much of the time does not make him a guitarist. I thought it bizarre he could be anybody's favourite guitarist, but if he is that's fine. I don't get it at all, but it's fine [laugh]

In light of this, I have decided James Blunt is my favourite guitarist :rolleyes:

Haha! Elvis was great as a singer and performer and I own a lot of his records, I just never considered him to be a guitarist. Just because he held a guitar and pretended to strum much of the time does not make him a guitarist. I thought it bizarre he could be anybody's favourite guitarist, but if he is that's fine. I don't get it at all, but it's fine [laugh]

In light of this, I have decided James Blunt is my favourite guitarist :rolleyes:

I believe the classic 'Sun' studio recordings feature the truly excellent rhythm guitar of Elvis.....[thumbup]

V

:-({|=

These last couple of weeks my 'most listened to' has been the wonderful Wilko Johnson.

Considering what he's had to endure over the last few years I want to say "Long May He Play"!

msp_thumbup.gif

Pip.

A favourite of mine too. My old band used to play a bunch of their stuff and it was good fun. [thumbup]

Archived