Gibson Brands Forums

The Studio club

jrseriel

• 2 weeks later...

1996 Wine Red Studio, my favorite Les Paul. Has ebony fingerboard. This guitar is so resonate it sounds like it's made of glass, not positive what's different in the build that would give it that effect.

GibsonLesPaulStudio.jpg

That's what I call Guitar Candy [thumbup] [thumbup] :rolleyes:

I really like that

4H

• 2 weeks later...

This is my baby. Don't often name guitars but I thought of this one as "Scarlet" since the day I brought her home.

'00 LP Studio, Ruby Red color, 490R / 498T pups, 50s neck (maybe the "in-between" C neck, but it's slightly fatter than the SG I had with a "C" neck). Grover Rotomatic 14:1 tuners (OEM). I'm a poor picture taker- the fretboard has great figure- wish I could capture it on picture / jpeg...

2e02c29f-acae-44ab-90f0-88dae7dc3d40.jpg

I absolutely love this guitar! Felt like we've been together for a long time. Sounds great and looks great IMO. Thanks for looking!

Brian

You know I'm liking that Scarlet Lester Silvercrow!!

Taking guitar pics can be frustrating...

I've taken dozens of pictures before to just delete them all from the camera..

Most of the time even outdoors when the flash isn't used they still don't do the guitar justice..

My Les Paul to me looks almost Cranberry up close sometimes but step away it looks red, some pics you can see the wood thru the trans finish other times it looks painted, In the early mid 90s they called it Translucent Red.. Almost Candy Apple Red..

a2711910-f1c3-4e3f-87a3-b5d41fb416e0.jpg

You know I'm liking that Scarlet Lester Silvercrow!!

Taking guitar pics can be frustrating...

I've taken dozens of pictures before to just delete them all from the camera..

Most of the time even outdoors when the flash isn't used they still don't do the guitar justice..

My Les Paul to me looks almost Cranberry up close sometimes but step away it looks red, some pics you can see the wood thru the trans finish other times it looks painted, In the early mid 90s they called it Translucent Red.. Almost Candy Apple Red..

a2711910-f1c3-4e3f-87a3-b5d41fb416e0.jpg

Thanks Bro! I'm just so pleased with it!

Back in the days of film cameras, I could usually do a decent job of capturing true color and detail. But admittedly, I usually use "program" settings on our digital camera. I need to learn how to do my own settings / manually. I agree- it's darn hard to get the nuance and beauty captured!

Amazing to me- how the human eye works in comparison to a machine. There again, how many times have you taken a picture of a scene that you thought was perfectly framed, only to find that there is something in it that totally detracts. I used to get that with film cameras- beautiful or interesting city scape to find there are a bunch of electrical wires or some such cluttering up the picture! Our mind can 'block' things that are there....

Brian

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Thanks buddy, nice to be here. This is my first Gibson, been lusting for years and finally thought why not, just treat yourself. I gig it often and it never fails to sound great and it plays beautifully. Only problem is it's so nice i now want another Gibson.... Caught in the trap i guess! (But what a trap!)

Nick

• 3 weeks later...