Gibson Brands Forums

The Studio club

jrseriel

As it seems to be the custom, here is my Studio, or should I say was...

Les%20Paul%20Full%20Shot.jpg

I say was because after owning it for two days I discovered the fumes (not the smell, but the actual fumes) of the nitro finish caused me a migraine so it has had to go back and got exchanged for a Gretsch. I was (and am still) very gutted that I had to take it back, for the short ime I had it I was very happy with it's feel, look and tone, it was just poisoning me!

It's not a complete tale of woe, however. I have had a chat with Gibson and a few luthiers who do Nitro finishing and they all seem to be of the impression that I need to get one that is about five years old as this will have given the nitro coat plenty of time to settle. So I am now on the look out (when I can afford it) for a 2010 ish model. And then I'll be back...

Quick question, do all the studio faded's have the BurstBucker Pros in? If not, when did they start putting them in?

My Studio in the middle of my LP Special and LP Junior. Had the Studio from new when I got it back in 1998 and it still is a pleasure to play. I've gigged it numerous times, but looked after it so it still looks fairly mint except for marks on the back. Mine had a 50's rounded neck which I love and sounds sweet to this day. They really are great guitars. It was my first Gibson, so has a very special place in my collection.

LesPauls2_zps74994f05.jpg

Hi all. Just joined the Studio club.

After a lot decision making I decided to go for the 2016 Studio T, Just got it last night. I am extremely happy my first Gibson guitar. The tone is incredible and really impressed overall it's solid and set up perfectly.

image1_zpsl8zq4zba.jpg

image3_zpsmvujpxiy.jpg

image2_zpsj0csru2k.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well, I posted a thread on here a few months ago about a Studio that I have that I couldn't sell for $725. I was told that because it had 'Seymour Duncans" and not original pickups, that it wasn't worth jack.

Naturally, I thought this advice was moronic. To prove my point, I kept the guitar and added MORE non-Gibson hardware. I added Tone-Pros locking bridge and tailpiece, Faber locking posts, Sperzel locking tuners, Graphtech saddles and miscelanous other hardware. I just got it finished yesterday, and last night was the first time I was able to crank it up. The before and afters are below:

Before:

P1150730.jpg

And now, lady's and gentlemen; I give you The Bandit:

Studiopaul.jpg

Now THAT's a hot rod. Think she'll fetch $725 now?

My studio is exactly the same as your black one. Everytime I try and post a picture it says it'/s too big though

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...