Gibson Brands Forums

long time, no post -- but still playing Gibbys

kebob

Nice to see the forum has a new look. I haven't been on here in a long time as this forum is not real conducive to my Windows XP computer. It's probably hampered many a poster. I hate to lodge a complaint, but if Gibson wants this forum to thrive, I suggest making it more accomodating to get on.

Anyway -- I still recognize some of the posters on here. Good to see you all are still playing your Gibbys. Mine has only gotten better as I'm sure yours have as well!

I also use Windows XP and haven't had any problems logging on. I think there were many reasons why it was hard to log onto the old forum, some having to do with firewalls, etc. Anyway, I haven't heard of anyone having problems getting on the new forum. There are some bugs to be worked out, but generally I think it's much better. Many of the bugs are just user error, I believe. This forum is different than the old one and it will just take time for everyone to get up to speed on how the new one works.

quote:Anyway, I haven't heard of anyone having problems getting on the new forum

well of course not......they can't log in and let you know they are having problems , can they?

when was the last time I posted on the old forum btw........... may ? june? I lost track

I hope my user error corrects itself on the new and wonderful forum and lets this post actually go thru :D

quote:Anyway' date=' I haven't heard of anyone having problems getting on the new forum

well of course not......they can't log in and let you know they are having problems , can they?

when was the last time I posted on the old forum btw........... may ? june? I lost track

I hope my user error corrects itself on the new and wonderful forum and lets this post actually go thru :D

I suppose you have a point. But when people were having problems logging onto the old forum, many would make posts on several other forums, letting people know. I haven't seen any posts such as that, since the new forum's been up and running.

And, by the way, I believe the last post you made on the old forum was on September 27, 2007 :D .

http://www.gibson.com/relations/forum/index.asp?sub=show&action=posts&fid=4&tid=160656

Anyway, good to see you back posting again.

Kebob' date=' welcome back. Just an FYI, but I also have Windows XP Home Edition, and I've never had any problems getting on, either here or on the old site. [/color']

My problem was I had to lower my security settings (cookies) to a level I was uncomfortable with so I couldn't get in. It wasn't a problem for the first year I was a forum member, then it changed. But that is old news, it seems.

This new place is pretty snazzy. Allow me to post my first emoticon: :D

I'll have to go to work on my avatar...

Well' date=' the avatars is one area where there still seems to be bugs to work out, so don't be surprised if it doesn't show up after you post an avatar.[/size']

Actually, Mike, I made my avatar a white box with a red X in the middle :D

I have not been on the forum to much either lately, but ... I'm playing more then ever, Must say that i have since few months a fender strat and i discover a new range of emotion with my music and my singing. This is really great !

Glad to see you back!=D>

I just want to say that although I know there were problems with logging in on the old server, I personally never experienced it on either of my computers(both XP) using FireFox or IE6. Also, about 2 weeks before the new Forum went live, I bought an old used up Dell from a local Home Rental place for $99 (sweet deal 2.66gHz) which was also running XP, and had no problem logging in from it.

Some might say it was user error, but I don't think so. Whatever software was causing the problem, it was common (based on the # of users experiencing the problems), and it obviously wasn't something I had on any of my 3 computers.

I might also add that I am running ZoneAlarm firewall, and have XP's built-in firewall turned OFF. I also set my browsers to accept ALL cookies. I do manual scans for spyware, and delete my cache and cookies manually when I feel the urge.

=; No background spyware protection for me!

Archived