Gibson Brands Forums

Raw Power $?

jinx2

those aren't reviews' date=' the guitar isn't even available yet.[/quote']

+1 those are comments made by folks that just dont like the idea or dont like how they look or just dont like to have options. If it was up to them we would all be playing 5 stringed acoustic instruments.

When someone gets to have some 1x1 time with one of these bad boys plz let us know how it really is cause im very interested in the Sg and Les Paul rawpowers. Both look like great guitars and look like they will play well and i would like opinions on the 57s that come with the guitar.

Hello,

I think the Raw Power series is very interesting for guitarists who want to do their own thing.

In my opinion the sound will be great. Perhaps the best Telecaster that Gibson ever made.

But I am worrying about the weight of this guitars.I guess you will feel it in your back if you play a gig of several hours.

regards

At 999 for the SG that will either be a great guitar and sell like hot cakes or a complete dog and sell slightly slower. But either way, at that price point it will probably end up being a lot of peoples first real gibson.

Personally I would have thought a mahogany body and maple neck would have been a better choice. All Maple sounds a bit too much of a departure from traditional SG territory.

At 999 for the SG that will either be a great guitar and sell like hot cakes or a complete dog and sell slightly slower. But either way' date=' at that price point it will probably end up being a lot of peoples first real gibson.

Personally I would have thought a mahogany body and maple neck would have been a better choice. All Maple sounds a bit too much of a departure from traditional SG territory.[/quote']

I don't mind maple neck and maple body (I've got several neck-through guitars like that) -- they're nice and bright and very focused. But cosmetically I hate the maple fretboard. Personal taste only, of course, but I would SO much have preferred an ebony board with dots.

Archived