Gibson Brands Forums

If You're Having Trouble With Posts Not Showing Up, Try This

guitarstrummer

I wasn't sure which thread to post this under, since we have several dealing with the same problem. So, I thought I'd start a new thread and hopefully people will be able to read this. Many of you have complained that you can't see the posts and that your posts aren't showing up. I've e-mailed several of you with the following solution that I found and as far as I know, I think it's worked for most people. So if you can't read the posts or are having trouble seeing posts that you just made, you might give this a try. I initially went through the same thing until I figured out the new system (by accident).

1. Select "Gibson Acoustics"

2. Go to the pull down menu at the bottom left side of the page and select "show topics from last day"

3. Click on page looking logo to the right of the poster's name, located on the far right side of topic line that you want to see

4. That should bring up the posts on that thread.

5. Whenever you make a new post, you will then either have to hit your refresh button or go through the above procedure all over again. This is one of the bugs in the system that I think Gibson's working on.

People have also said that they continue to get the "error 500" message after they make a post. I have also received the same message, but have found that if you return to the topics page using the above procedure, your post will be included. Whatever you do, don't try to resend your post. That will result in a duplicate post. Then, if you try to delete your duplicate post (s), you will get a ton of negative "points". I also know this by experience (just look at my point total).

I think I"ve also read a post or two from people who were wondering why Gibson Customer Service hasn't responded over the weekend to these issues. I'm pretty sure that they only work M-F, so they probably won't see the posts from the weekend until tomorrow.

Hope this helps.

I know I've mentioned this in a few other threads, but since this thread is dealing specifically with this problem, I thought I'd mention again that the "Refresh" problem has been resolved for me for a few days now. I'm seeing all posts. If I leave and come back in a few minutes, even if nothing has been posted, the number of views has gone up on some of the threads. Then if I do a "Refresh"...nothing changes.

I thought the problem had been resolved for everybody.....apparently not.

Kev

Apparently, patience is a virtue as far as this new forum is concerned. I think Gibson is working out the bugs as they go along. Until yesterday, I couldn't post or reply to anything, no matter what I tried. Then, (almost) everything started working.

Right now, I can't get my own uploaded icon to appear, and aome other icons are only appearing as

Apparently, patience is a virtue as far as this new forum is concerned. I think Gibson is working out the bugs as they go along. Until yesterday, I couldn't post or reply to anything, no matter what I tried. Then, (almost) everything started working.

Right now, I can't get my own uploaded icon to appear on-screen, and some other icons (presumably those uploaded by others) are only appearing as dots.

Oh boy!

I just clicked on my profile: Apparently, I'm now Eddie Dean.

My wife is sure gonna be surprised.

:D/ :D/ :D/ w00h00!!! :D/ :D/ :D/

...would ya mind paying the mortgage' date=' too......before the bug gets worked out??[/quote']

The check's in the mail, Eddie.

BTW - My wife wants to know why you didn't straighten up the basement like she asked. :-({|=

Archived