Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson for christmas

davidbg63

I had a heck of a time getting on this new forum and finally had to register again. Anyways after gassing over the new Gibsons you guys had on the recent Christmas post. I had to show off what santa brought me. I know it isn't an acoustic but.....It is a Gibson Les Paul Studio, the one in the middle of the trio. It is very versatile for any type of music. Received in great condition set up perfect and ready to play. Anyways, any questions please feel free to ask. Hope everyone had a safe holiday season.

Picture045.jpg

Knew it was a J180 EC as soon as the pic appeared ! Love that guitar !

Darn, looking at it gives me yet another round of second thoughts in sending back my Songwriter Special (the latest in the GC/MF "special" Gibson acoustics).....The 180 EC has always been thought of, by me, as one of the absolute most beautiful acoustics on the planet !

Nice bunch of Gibsons !

Guest NattyBumppo

David, congrats! I think the LP Studio is one of the best bang for the buck solid body electrics out there! Many happy, healthy years of enjoyment!

Tell ya what Always _black, the J180-EC is underated. I use it in my acoustic / solo bookings and it is IMO one of the best sounding and versital Gibson acoustics. I run it through my Kustom PA and Behringer effects and have no complaints. I found the best strings for this model are the Daddario EJ16's light Phos. Bronze.

Archived