Gibson Brands Forums

All this fake Les Paul talk has me worried :(

Slimpsy

The only thing that really stood out to me was the serial number is very very hard to read as it's highly lacquered. . but I've read this is common with newer Les Pauls of this finish. Also after removing the back plate the electronics are stamped Gibson. . which is good, right?? But the wood is a very roughish finish (not very smooth on the inside). . is this normal for newer gibsons??

It's a Les Paul Standard, made in 2008 with OHSC, but not the new 2008's

It's a plus top model with desert burst finish, 60's style neck

I'm 99% sure it's real. I gave 1300 for it, so I'm hoping it's real!

Serial#: (removed)

Pics: (some wear on the back from gig play. . which is why i'm hoping i got a "good deal" O:)

l_ffad81f0d47545d5a56a34ae584074ca.jpg

l_25b842bd1d0444d5a7ae6eae53e13f06.jpg

l_31b7c524394a472e8db85f58596ebb9e.jpg

I feel it's real. They sure don't make them like they used to though. It also feels lighter than older models. . what's the reason for this? I know it's not a newer chambered. . . atleast I don't think it is.

I feel it's real. They sure don't make them like they used to though. It also feels a lot lighter than older models. . what's the reason for this? I know it's now a newer chambered. . . atleast I don't think it is.

Acutal i belive so far..gibson is building the best guitars right now..i mean..look at R9...

I feel it's real. They sure don't make them like they used to though. It also feels lighter than older models. . what's the reason for this? I know it's not a newer chambered. . . atleast I don't think it is.

all of gibson usas production model les pauls have been weight relieved since the late 80s.

chambering started late 2006 i believe.

That price does seem very good. Nice git tar!

If they're not made in Nashville, where are the other ones made? Are they better quality at one place over the other? And what's with this R9 I keep hearing about? What is it, and why is it talked about like the next big thing?

Thanks for the replies! I feel alot better about it...guess I just got paranoid. The price was lower due to excessive gig wear...quite a bit of belt rash and several minor dents. Is it possible to have these fixed to original finish?

That price does seem very good. Nice git tar!

If they're not made in Nashville' date=' where are the other ones made? Are they better quality at one place over the other? And what's with this R9 I keep hearing about? What is it, and why is it talked about like the next big thing?[/quote']

Besides the Gibson plant in Nashville, there's a plant in Memphis, and that's where the others are made. I'm pretty sure the quality is the same at both plants, but Nashville models seem more common, but maybe it's just coincidence.

Archived