Gibson Brands Forums

Saudi extremism, Right Wing extremism, religious extremism - great.....

NeoConMan

Abortion doc George Tiller gunned down at church

WICHITA, Kan. (AP) - Late-term abortion doctor George Tiller, a prominent advocate for abortion rights wounded by a protester more than a decade ago, was shot and killed Sunday at a church in Wichita where he was serving as an usher and his wife was in the choir, his attorney said.

Tiller was shot during morning services at Reformation Lutheran Church, attorney Dan Monnat said. Police said a manhunt was under way for the shooter, who fled in a car registered to a Kansas City suburb nearly 200 miles away.

National anti-abortion groups had long focused on Tiller, whose Women's Health Care Services clinic is one of just three in the nation where abortions are performed after the 21st week of pregnancy.

In 1991, the Summer of Mercy protests organized by Operation Rescue drew thousands of anti-abortion activists to this city for demonstrations marked by civil disobedience and mass arrests.

Some abortion opponents had resorted to attacks against Tiller long before Sunday's shooting. A protester shot Tiller in both arms in 1993, and his clinic was bombed in 1985.

Anti-abortion group Operation Rescue issued a statement denouncing the shooting.

"We are shocked at this morning's disturbing news that Mr. Tiller was gunned down," said Troy Newman, Operation Rescue's president. "Operation Rescue has worked for years through peaceful, legal means, and through the proper channels to see him brought to justice. We denounce vigilantism and the cowardly act that took place this morning."

Capt. Brent Allred said Wichita police were looking for a gunman who fled in a 1993 light blue Ford Taurus registered in the Kansas City suburb of Merriam, Kan. No other details about the shooting were immediately released.

The phone line at the home of Tiller and wife, Jeanne, had a busy signal Sunday.

Tiller began providing abortion services in 1973. He acknowledged abortion was as socially divisive as slavery or prohibition but said the issue was about giving women a choice when dealing with technology that can diagnose severe fetal abnormalities before a baby is born.

"Pre-natal testing without pre-natal choices is medical fraud," Tiller once said.

After the 1991 protests, Tiller kept mostly to his heavily guarded clinic, although in 1997 he opened it to three tours by state lawmakers and the media.

Tiller remained prominent in the news, in part because of an investigation started begun by former Kansas Attorney General Phill Kline, an abortion opponent.

Prosecutors had alleged that Tiller had gotten second opinions from a doctor who was essentially an employee of his, not independent as state law requires. A jury in March acquitted Tiller of all 19 misdemeanor counts.

"I am stunned by this lawless and violent act, which must be condemned and should be met with the full force of law," Kline said in a written statement. "We join in lifting prayer that God's grace and presence rest with Dr. Tiller's family and friends."

Abortion opponents also questioned then-Gov. Kathleen Sebelius' ties to Tiller before the Senate confirmed her this year as U.S. Health and Human Services Secretary. Tiller donated thousands of dollars to Sebelius over the years.

Yeah, THIS makes perfect sense.

STOP the killing by killing people...

I'm from Kansas, I have lotsa friends there, and I even paid for an abortion that was peformed in Wichita in 1984.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow...

He knew he was a marked man and one day someone would murder him.

It's a wonder he lived this long.

He could have easily been killed 10-20 years ago.

Shame it had to come to this, but you know there are a lot of happy operation rescue people out there today.

I'm not condoning it.

It's horrible it happened in church too.

But he was a marked man and someone knew where to find him.

So what's your point? Are you disappointed because you can no longer use the doctors services or are you cheering his death or are you saying one of your buddies probably did the deed. I don't get it.

The American Taliban's best assassin.

I've long felt that our homegrown terrorists are the biggest threat to this country. The Timmy McVeighs, etc., are what I worry about more than some poor soul in Iraq who couldn't hurt us here if he/she wanted to.

I've long felt that our homegrown terrorists are the biggest threat to this country. The Timmy McVeighs' date=' etc., are what I worry about more than some poor soul in Iraq who couldn't hurt us here if he/she wanted to.[/quote']

ditto

So an abortionist is taken out by some vigilante who thinks they're doing it in the name of righteousness and they're automatically branded a terrorist.

That's not a terrorist by any means. He's a home grown nut job who, as I said in my first sentence, did the deed in the name of righteousness, however twisted his or her justification is.

Murderer yes, terrorist certainly not even close.

So an abortionist is taken out by some vigilante who thinks they're doing it in the name of righteousness and they're automatically branded a terrorist.

That's not a terrorist by any means. He's a home grown nut job who' date=' as I said in my first sentence, did the deed in the name of righteousness, however twisted his or her justification is.

Murderer yes, terrorist certainly not even close.[/quote']

If one is in the health care field it could easily be considered terrorism.

I think it is terrorism because I am terrified at the willingness of whacked out POS's to kill another human being.

I think it is terrorism because I am terrified at the willingness of whacked out POS's to kill another human being.

Late term abortion is healthcare? Pulling a living, recognizable human from the womb and killing him/her is healthcare? Wow! Me thinks that says alot about you Homz...=D>

Oh, well if one is in the "Reformation Lutheran Church" business it could easily be considered terrorism. See why that logic doesn't work.

And your second statement doesn't make it terrorism either. Whacked out POS yeah, I can go there. Terrorist no not in this case.

Late term abortion is healthcare? Pulling a living' date=' recognizable human from the womb and killing him/her is healthcare? Wow! Me thinks that says alot about you Homz...=D> [/quote']

Well you show me your medical license and then your opinion will matter to me. Until that day Pi$$ off.

BTW I've never had nor have I paid for an abortion. My Personal opinion as I have stated before is they are wrong. Being that there are ample people who might be willing to adopt that unwanted child. So hypocrites sign up for your adoption cards or whine about something of which you have some credibility.

Late term abortion is healthcare? Pulling a living' date=' recognizable human from the womb and killing him/her is healthcare? Wow! Me thinks that says alot about you Homz...=D> [/quote']

There are those that believe it is indeed a health care related industry. But most people see through the media spin and subsequent lie. These are the same people who call it what it truly is, abortion. They are the ones who have been labelled "anti-choice" because it makes them sound narrow minded and classifies them as traditional or behind the times.

Their spin is "Pro-abortionists" vs "Pro-life".

You made me lol again homz!

Laughing about death, homeless, un and underemployed, the hungry, and all sorts of things that are less than your paygrade. That's about all I ever expect out of you KSG. If you ever develop that empathy gene let us all know. ON that day your heart will grow 3 times.

POS

Laughing about death' date=' homeless, un and underemployed, the hungry, and all sorts of things that are less than your paygrade. That's about all I ever expect out of you KSG. If you ever develop that empathy gene let us all know. ON that day your heart will grow 3 times.

POS[/quote']

That one made me spit iced tea on my keyboard! Thanks for the lols spoonzy!

Tiller's Women's Health Care Services clinic is one of just three in the nation where abortions are performed after the 21st week of pregnancy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Late-term_abortion

http://www.allaboutlifechallenges.org/late-term-abortion.htm

Late Term Abortion – The procedures

There are three general procedures of late-term abortions and partial birth abortions. The first and most popular is called D&E (Dilation and evacuation). Once the cervix is dilated, the fetus is removed by inserting forceps into the uterus. The Fetus is then separated into pieces. These “pieces” of your baby will be removed one at a time. Vacuum aspiration is then used to ensure no tissue remains in the uterus.

The second procedure is early induction of labor. This is very painful and intense for the woman and is rarely used as an abortion procedure.

The third procedure is called Intact D&X surgery. This procedure includes a 2-3 day process to gradually dilate the cervix using sticks of seaweed which absorb fluid and swell. Once this process is finished, the doctor uses forceps and grasps the baby’s leg to turn it to breech position. The baby is then pulled out of the birth canal, leaving the head inside the canal. An incision is then made at the base of the baby’s skull and the brain tissue is removed, causing the skull to collapse. The entire baby is then removed.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/abo_late1.htm

While the killing of the Dr. is heinous and was obviously the act of a madman and extremist, it should be obvious to anybody with a half a brain, that late term abortions are EXTREME and heinous as well.

Go read your manifesto spoonz, or better yet, shouldn't you be trying to figure out how to make chrUAWsler (the company we bought and gave to you as a gift) into a viable company?

The lovely and talented Wiced1 has detailed to me the necessity of most late term abortions. Suffice to say in nearly every case that which you refer to as a baby would be unrecognizable by laymen standards. What you are fighting for is the degeneration of the woman's health as a result of having this child.

Yes in rare occasions healthy children are being aborted late term. If you want to reduce that number get rid of your pathetic righteous standards that put the shame of the would be mother ahead of life.

Laughing about death' date=' homeless, un and underemployed, the hungry, and all sorts of things that are less than your paygrade. That's about all I ever expect out of you KSG. If you ever develop that empathy gene let us all know. ON that day your heart will grow 3 times.

POS[/quote']

KSG did you save this to your whiner folder. Thought I'd repost it for you just in case you didn't get it.

The lovely and talented Wiced1 has detailed to me the necessity of most late term abortions. Suffice to say in nearly every case that which you refer to as a baby would be unrecognizable by laymen standards. What you are fighting for is the degeneration of the woman's health as a result of having this child.

Yes in rare occasions healthy children are being aborted late term. If you want to reduce that number get rid of your pathetic righteous standards that put the shame of the would be mother ahead of life.

The lovely and talented wiced1 might be wrong on this one spoonzy, as there are no real statistics on why these abortions are performed...The abortionists don't want the statistics out there....look it up.

At 21 weeks, or 6-7 months of gestation, only an idiot would not be able to recognize the fact that they are killing a baby...look it up.

http://www.babycenter.com/fetal-development-images-21-weeks

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/b/babysamuel.htm

Good try though spoonzy! I hope you keep playing!=D> =D> =D>=P~

There are times when concern over being banned comes in second to saying what needs to be said. In the above example I have put that premise to practice. Perhaps there are some who have been lured into the false impression that KSG is a decent human being. If you be one of those people I suggest you be careful of whom you bring home to dinner. He is without a doubt very intelligent and crafty. His zealotry is also quite evident. To me these are the most dangerous of people.

Put that in your file KSG.

The lovely and talented wiced1 might be wrong on this one spoonzy' date=' as there are no real statistics on why these abortions are performed...The abortionists don't want the statistics out there....look it up.

At 21 weeks, or almost 7 months of gestation, only an idiot would not be able to recognize the fact that they are killing a baby...look it up.

Good try though spoonzy! I hope you keep playing!=D> =D> =D>=P~ [/quote']

Look up a picture of an anencephalic baby and tell me it doesn't look like a fly.

BTW I'm betting they tell ya stuff in medical school they don't tell you on the internet. Just my guess.

Wiced1 (Wicked1?) has detailed to me the necessity of most late term abortions.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, wait, this sh!t ain't funny.

Get the fxck outta here....

Archived