Gibson Brands Forums

LP Double Cutaway Club

esch

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Moved my photos from another thread

2000 LP Standard Lite - 492R/'57T pickups, '59 asymmetrical neck, 3/4 trapezoids, chambered body (with a few battle scars from heavy gigging).

R1-20A.jpg

1996 LP Special - P90 pickups, 60's neck, solid mahogany body

R1-16A_0001.jpg

Hi Guys' date='

This is my first post here and thought it made sense to be in this topic! I would love to add a photo of my Faded DC, I know it's not a 'Standard' but I hope it still warrants entry, however I can't work out how to upload the images from my Mac!!!!.

A little help would be appreciated.....

Thanks

Rob [/quote']

http://tinypic.com/

upload from there, use the img tags in the reply to make it show up as an image.

Also, the only DCs they make are the Japanese run only. Or at least that I know of.

I wish Gibson was making a high end DC . so i bought this.

*******************************************************************************************************************************************

IMG_1807.jpg

Santana Anniver.

Hey guys. Sooooo I've been lurking for a while but decided to finally come out of hiding, hehe. Great guitars on this page, I'm sure there some great players on here too. But anywho, I sold my LP Trad. Pro today and I've been looking into these guitars for quite some time now. I wanted something lighter and more comfy from my previous LP and these seem to fit the bill. I wanted to hear more about these guitars but there aren't too many videos on youtube with any DC Pro's or Standards. #-o

So in short, what can you guys say about them, good and bad? Any sound clips would be great too, thanks. :)

Double Cut "Standards" and Studio's were discontinued, several years ago...So..."E-bay" or your local

friendly "Brick & Mortor" music store, in the "used but (hopefully) not abused" department.

Double cut LP "Faded" are no longer made, either...but you can find them, on E-bay, and other such places.

P-90's, great upper fret access, and they come in 3 colors (TV-Yellow, Faded Cherry, and Faded Black).

LP Junior Lite's are no longer made, either. But again, you will see them, from time to time on E-bay, etc.

P-100's (nice cross, between humbucker and P-90 tone, without the 60-cycle hum), gloss finish, 3 colors,

(Cinnamon(Red), "Natural" (Mahogany) & Black), and 5-ply pickguard.

Still available:

Custom Shop LP Double cut Junior (single P-90), and Double Cut "Special" (2 P-90's) are great guitars, but

again, a bit "pricey" ($2,000-2500 street (new))

And, there's two versions, for "Japan, only" LP Double Cut, Classic and Junior.

Otherwise, it's a Joan Jett Melody Maker, or "SG's!"

Hey guys. Sooooo I've been lurking for a while but decided to finally come out of hiding' date=' hehe. Great guitars on this page, I'm sure there some great players on here too. But anywho, I sold my LP Trad. Pro today and I've been looking into these guitars for quite some time now. I wanted something lighter and more comfy from my previous LP and these seem to fit the bill. I wanted to hear more about these guitars but there aren't too many videos on youtube with any DC Pro's or Standards. [biggrin

So in short, what can you guys say about them, good and bad? Any sound clips would be great too, thanks. [biggrin]

I really like my DC Pros, but am still partial to my Custom and Traditional Plus because of the 50s rounded profile neck. What I can say of my DC Pros is that they are nice lightweight guitars that are well balanced and have great upper fret access. One of my DC Pros has Duncan pickups and the other has the stock Burstbucker Pro pickups. To be honest, I'm not a huge fan of the Burstbucker Pros and would rather a set of 57 Classic/57 Classic Plus in their place, but I'm leaving that guitar stock.

For the most part, the DC Pros capture the LP tone in what some call a more playable package due to the easier upper fret access afforded by the nature of the double cutaway design. The only 'real' gripe I have with my DC Pros is the placement of the pickup toggle switch. Other than that, great guitars.

Those rootbeers are awsome Wink :-s

Thanks, they'd be absolutely perfect if they had a 50's neck, 57 Classic/57 Classic Plus, or 490R/498T pickups and a more conveniently located pickup toggle switch.

As for the rootbeer finish, one of my absolute favorite finishes on a Les Paul, right up ther with Alpine white. If only I could get a Les Paul Traditional Plus with a rootbeer finish.

Thanks' date=' they'd be absolutely perfect if they had a 50's neck, 57 Classic/57 Classic Plus, or 490R/498T pickups and a more conveniently located pickup toggle switch.

As for the rootbeer finish, one of my absolute favorite finishes on a Les Paul, right up ther with Alpine white. If only I could get a Les Paul Traditional Plus with a rootbeer finish.[/quote']

If they had the '50s neck I wouldn't have had any interest. Lord, if it's a '50s neck you want Gibson can sure accommodate you with several models.

One of the DC models, the '"Les Paul DC" did have 490/498 pickups. That was the model with bound fretboard but unbound body. The "DC Pro" had the BB Pros and a bounded body (and a AAA top vs. AA on the LP DC).

I wish I would've bought one of each.

I don't mind the pickup switch location and kinda like only dealing with 2 knobs.

Man, like I said, if they re-issue them I'm buying another one.

If they had the '50s neck I wouldn't have had any interest. Lord' date=' if it's a '50s neck you want Gibson can sure accommodate you with several models.

One of the DC models, the '"Les Paul DC" did have 490/498 pickups. That was the model with bound fretboard but unbound body. The "DC Pro" had the BB Pros and a bounded body (and a AAA top vs. AA on the LP DC).

I wish I would've bought one of each.

I don't mind the pickup switch location and kinda like only dealing with 2 knobs.

Man, like I said, if they re-issue them I'm buying another one. [/quote']

I was just hypothesizing what my ideal Les Paul DC would be, but the DC Pro is by no means a flop.

1779102.jpg

Is this a DC Pro? I think so... bought it used this past winter

Would this have the BB Pro pickups or the 490T/498R? [lol]

Transparent Black looks purplish under sunlight -- not big on the greenish trapezoid inlays. Why did they do that?! Fake aging?? Makes no sense. I'll live with it -- who's looking at the fingerboard with curl like that?

Replaced the knobs with chromed knurled brass with abalone tops -- they look much better!

Sounds killer through a Metro JTM45 clone and two Chinese-made Celestion Greenbacks in an open back cab

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a couple of mine,

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

IMG_1367.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

IMG_1372.jpg

IMG_1406.jpg

IMG_0694.jpg

Nice looking long horn you got . Did you get it new?

My Gear :-)

‘10 LP R0 50th Anniversary Version 3 1/500 (Cherry Burst)

‘09 LP R9 50th Anniversary (Heritage Dark Burst) 1/500, Bought 4-2010 new

‘10 PRS 25th Anniversary Santana Model ,10Top / Santana Yellow

‘09 LP R9 50th. Anniversary 1 of 59 (Rust Burst)

‘09 LP R0 Standard Ebony VOS

‘09 “Wildwood” CS - 356 Quilted maple & Korina

‘05 Les Paul Standard Faded T.B.

‘08 50th comm.edition, G.O.M. Flying V

‘08 July G.O.M. Longhorn Double Cut BV (Trans Blue)

‘08 Firebird VII (metallic red)

‘08 Fender Stratocaster ‘70’s reissue (black / rosewood neck)(Fat‘50’s pups)

‘08 Fender Stratocaster ‘70’s reissue (natural / maple neck)

1999 MIM Fender Stratocaster ’70’s reissue (white / maple neck)(‘69 pups)

1987 Japan Squier by Fender, Stratocaster (white / maple neck)

1986 Ovation Model # 1767-Legend

‘08 Marshall JVM 210H - 1960 AX Cabinet

‘10 Fender Blues Deluxe reissue

And some pedals

Archived