LP Double Cutaway Club

esch

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1779102.jpg

Is this a DC Pro? I think so... bought it used this past winter

Would this have the BB Pro pickups or the 490T/498R? [thumbup]

Transparent Black looks purplish under sunlight -- not big on the greenish trapezoid inlays. Why did they do that?! Fake aging?? Makes no sense. I'll live with it -- who's looking at the fingerboard with curl like that?

Replaced the knobs with chromed knurled brass with abalone tops -- they look much better!

Sounds killer through a Metro JTM45 clone and two Chinese-made Celestion Greenbacks in an open back cab

My vote for best looking DC in the club.

Although my dream DC would be a TV yellow Special with P90s and master volume and tone.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi Guys' date='

This is my first post here and thought it made sense to be in this topic! I would love to add a photo of my Faded DC, I know it's not a 'Standard' but I hope it still warrants entry, however I can't work out how to upload the images from my Mac!!!!.

A little help would be appreciated.....

Thanks

Rob [/quote']

Hi Rob! Your post was pretty old and I figure you've already figured it out. If so, please tell me! I'd be pleasured to teach you. =D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
GreenSparkleLPC, NICE! New acquisition? I always liked the blue LP Standard Double Cutaway by MF/GC. Mine is the Ruby version elsewhere in this thread.

Thanks! Yes, it arrived two days ago. I took a chance with ebay and am not disappointed at all. When I saw your DC with the three knob configuration and bound body/neck, I decided to wait to find one like it. When I found this one, I didn't hesitate.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all,

I'm new to forum. First post! Here's my '98 double cutaway.

P9090092.jpg

Turns out that I'm a huge Eagles fan... and the guitar has matched pretty nicely with my McNabb jersey for the past decade ;) Thanks Gibson!

P9090093.jpg

And why not, the whole electric family:

P9090117.jpg

yes, that color is beautiful. is mcnabb playing this year???? i dont even knowmsp_cursing.gifmsp_cursing.gifmsp_cursing.gifeusa_wall.gifeusa_wall.gifeusa_wall.gif

• 5 months later...

crop1-29097small.jpg

1-29091.jpg

Here's my 97 Les Paul DC Studio. It came with EMGs which I quickly sold and replaced. Swapped all the hardware out for gold and replace the Grover toners with Gibson Deluxe tuners. I also installed a BadAss bridge to help with the intonation.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

here is mine

P5230803-1.jpg

P5230805-1.jpg

P5230804.jpg

P5230806.jpg

thats it.....

gibson les paul dc ebony plain top, burstbucker pros... discontinued in 2008 or 09???

great tone....

Hey man nice guitar, very nice, but i think you should take a bit more pride in owning a Gibson, i mean the guitar had blemishes and finger prints all over it, and lots of scratches on the headtstock.

It wouldn't take that long to give the guitar a quick wipe down with a cloth after playing, and just be a little more careful around the headstock when changing the strings.

No offense intended just a friendly suggestion, we all need to baby these beauties so they last as long as possible.

I just bought a black one exactly like the one in Searcy's pics. Now i know it's the studio model. I paid 400 bucks at the pawnshop .

Great deal! I gave 600 for mine with the hard case but I sold the EMGs for $125. Fantastic guitar.

• 5 months later...

Here is my LPDC. My wife gave me a $250 gift certificate for Christmas. I added a WHOLE BUNCH OF MONEY to it to buy this. I just wish it had a better sound and the toggle switch in a different position. When I registered it, the guy on the phone told me the serial # came back to an SG. WHAT??? Its clearly an LP DC. However it has that SG crest on the headstock. Weird!!

IMG_2699.jpg

IMG_5754.jpg

Archived