Gibson Brands Forums

Question About Billie Joe Armstrong Les Paul Junior

VA_siCkBoy

I'm confused!

I just purchased a Les Paul Junior Billie Joe Armstrong model from Guitar Center. My receipt says the model number is LPJBAEBNK but the Gibson website says the model number should be LPJBAVSNH.

The guitar has the Billie Joe signature on the back of the headstock and came with the Hardshell case with leopard skin lining. Also, the serial number is different from all the photos I have seen of the Billie Joe model. It is stamped-in like all other Gibsons but the photos show a gold painted serial number with six numbers.

Is this some other production model? If so, what is the value of this model.

Thanks!

No, I'm not an expert on serial numbers. I do know that the Custom Shop uses inked serial numbers (with a different number series than the regular USA models) on some of its historic reissues, to remain consistent with the practice in use at the time of the originals' manufacture, but I'm pretty sure that all current Gibson USA models have stamped numbers in the format that you describe.

Well since it appears that there is no admin here to answer our questions (once again), give them a call or send them an e-mail and ask them. For e-mail use service@gibson.com and give them a few days to reply. Or call them at 1-800-4-GIBSON and ask them about it. Your reciept looks like it has a typo in it 'NK' the 'NH' stands for nickel hardware. Maybe the someone had bad handwriting and the 'H' looked like a 'K' to someone. But call and get it sorted out.

Archived