Gibson Brands Forums

2008 Gibson Homecoming ***June 12, 13, 14, 2008***

guitarstrummer

Anyone started working on their Open Mic song (s) yet? I tried mine out the other day, but then my neighbor informed me that all of the dogs in the neighborhood started howling. She said that the louder I played, the louder they howled. I may have to rethink things a bit.

Three weeks from today!!!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are now able to announce a special treat for our participants this year. Paul Decker of Music Villa has arranged for us to have a concert on Thursday evening by Montana Rose. They're a great band from Montana and play a mix of Country, Swing, Waltz, and Rockabilly.

One of our forum members (Dave in SLC) and Homecoming participants asked if it would be possible to have a display of the various neck styles available on current Gibson acoustics. Gibson has agreed to have examples of the various styles available for the participants to compare during this year's Homecoming.

I also heard from Bill Gonder of Gibson that Bozeman is experiencing an ununusual weather pattern right now. He said there's snow in the hills and it was snowing at Yellowstone this past week. Bozeman's been getting rain. If you're planning to visit Yellowstone, make sure to be prepared for the weather.

I just wanted to wish you all a good trip to MT. I know you'll have a great time!

If anyone goes to Yellowstone, take lotsa pics! Perhaps a seperate thread on the more touristy side of Bozeman and surroundings would be fun.

I'll be in Gatlinburg, TN for my summer vacation. I'll tell Dolly yall said hi.

At first, I wasn't going to post this today. But after thinking about it, I didn't want anyone to think I was neglecting my duties. So, here goes.....

TWO MORE WEEKS!!!

I received a list of the Gibson acoustics that Music Villa currently has in stock and it looks like we'll have a lot of great ones to get our fingerprints on again this year.

"I received a list of the Gibson acoustics that Music Villa currently has in stock and it looks like we'll have a lot of great ones to get our fingerprints on again this year."

OK Mike-- you can't just drop that on us! What's MV got on the walls this year??

Only one more week. I'll be heading north to Gibson Country in the next couple of days. For those of you who are also going, I hope you all have safe travels and I'll see you there. For those of you who can't make it this year, stay tuned to the Forum for Homecoming reports and updates.

Archived