Gibson Brands Forums

8 New Slash Guitars? *UPDATE: PICS*

Les Paul

Anyone have pics/info?

------------

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Gibson will release eight new Slash-branded guitars. The campaign is so important to Henry Juszkiewicz, chairman and CEO of Gibson Guitars, that he is taking the company's exciting Slash guitars off the market to create even more hype around the new ones.

Why eight? "Price points," Juszkiewicz says. "They're going to go from cheap to high-end custom, personally signed by Slash."

The Slash series will appear in stores March 15, and the guitarist and Juszkiewicz already are plotting a big stunt around the street date.

Anyone have pics/info?

------------

According to The Hollywood Reporter' date=' Gibson will release eight new Slash-branded guitars. The campaign is so important to Henry Juszkiewicz, chairman and CEO of Gibson Guitars, that he is taking the company's exciting Slash guitars off the market to create even more hype around the new ones.

Why eight? "Price points," Juszkiewicz says. "They're going to go from cheap to high-end custom, personally signed by Slash."

The Slash series will appear in stores March 15, and the guitarist and Juszkiewicz already are plotting a big stunt around the street date.

[/quote']

I also read about a new Epiphone Les Paul Slash model.

The book that I just finished reading - 50 Years of the Gibson Les Paul - said that Slash doesn't even like the Slash models.

Very interesting book BTW -

I read that book and missed that part... Do you have the page number? I guess he's only playing them on stage every night so he has something to complain about? That's the only logical explanation.

In the November 2005 issue of Vintage Guitar magazine you can see Slash's guitar collection and interview.

His first Les Paul replica was built by Chris Deering, the Second by Max. He says he put both away after Gibson offered him a deal, he started playing Gibsons and then his own signature models...

His collection includes a 1956 goltop, 1958 goldtop, 1958 standard, 2 1959 standards, Les Pauls. 1958 Junior, 1958 explorer, 1964 firebird, 1959 flying v, 1967 eds-1275, 1952 telecaster, 1965 stratocaster...

I read that book and missed that part... Do you have the page number? I guess he's only playing them on stage every night so he has something to complain about? That's the only logical explanation.

Yeah, I guess you did. Re-read page 93.

I wasn't suggesting that Slash doesn't like his personal guitars that he plays on tour/live. That would be ridiculous. I'm saying that he didn't particularly care for the replicas.

#-o

#-o

Heres one of the new ones:

SlashAgedLP_2.jpg

SLASH 1 LES PAUL STANDARD AGED & SIGNED

One of the most respected and iconic guitar players of all time, Slash has symbolized the power of rock & roll ever since blasting out of the mid-1980s LA club scene with Guns 'n' Roses. Armed with a Gibson Les Paul Standard, Slash revitalized the electric guitar with some of the most incendiary and melodic playing of all time, and became the new definition of a guitar hero. The new Gibson Custom Shop Inspired By Slash Les Paul Standard is a recreation of his 1 Les Paul Standard guitar played during his rise to superstardom, down to the authentic cigarette burn mark on the body, every detailed feature has been faithfully reproduced.

whats the story with that slash in these pics? i just bought a slash and it didnt have the signiture' date=' and the back of mine is much darker,,,,can you explain?[/quote']

I too just purchased a new Slash Les Paul and that does not have the signature on the back either. I would think that the lighter colour of the back in the pictures is due to the wonders of digital flash photography, mine too is much darker. One point I wish to ask is, on my one the volume knob for the fisherman bridge is sitting much higher than the others, it is pushed fully on. The shop said this may be intentional but I doubt it. Has anybody else seen this on one of these guitars?

I had mine signed by Slash in person at a meet and greet in the summer. I think the lighting and camera flash made it look lighter, but mine still looks light in person. I would like to see other pictures of backs that are lighter, though. As for you knob, I bet it was put there by accident. Pull it up a bit.

btw is that not a epiphone copy cuse the gibson 1 looks more like the ryl thing and btw im reading a book called slash and his first guitar was a copy and he put it throught a wall coz he couldent get it in tune lol

Both of them are gibson's. The first is the current slash model, the second is the upcoming signature.

Archived