Gibson Brands Forums

The best Les Paul model...

Alekseriator

fair enough... lucky B&$T&%$

Not really...it was only 2 mins and you had to take your belt,rings or any jewlrey you wear wearing off. Just keep an eye open for small little guitar convetion, most of the time theres always one vintage les paul there!

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've owned every model of LP made. As much as I love my '08 Sunburst Standard, without a doubt the best EVER was my all gold 1955 goldtop Standard with wrap-around tailpiece. When it was stolen from my house in Northern California in a burglary in May of '04, it felt like someone ripped my heart out. I still haven't given up hope of finding it. Serial number is 5 6190.

If anyone has seen it, please contact me at barkingspiderrecords@yahoo.com

Thanks

For me, no question, the most iconic sound of all time - 1958 Les Paul Standard in Wine Red named "Lucy", given to George Harrison by Eric Clapton and played by Clapton on "While My Guitar Gently Weeps". What with all the Beatles hoopla with Rockband right now, REISSUE THIS GUITAR GIBSON!! It will sell and be fabulous.

I have a Studio Gem ( anyone remember them ) with the pair of P90s - the neck on it is just a beautiful shape and the tone from them little pups - run that through my JVM410 head over 8 25 watt greenbacks - just gotta remember the transformer hum if you get too close to the head.

• 2 weeks later...
[biggrin] I like my White with gold hardware Les Paul Studio. It's got a Seymour Duncan AlNiCo II Pro in the neck, and a Seymour Duncan Custom 8 in the bridge. It's got oversized strap buttons and it's a 2006 model so it isn't as weight relieved as the later models. Also it has an Ebony fretboard. I also own two 2003 Les Paul Melody Makers with the P90s. Other Les Pauls I've owned include the DC Standard Transparent Amber Flame, Junior Special Plus Transparent Amber Flame, a couple of Juniors one single (gloss) one double cut (faded), a single (faded) and double cut (gloss) Special. But as I say I love the Special and prefer single cut guitars like the LP and my ES135.

It's entirely subjective, of course. My vote is for my 1998 LP Classic Heritage Cherry Sunburst with a Seymor Duncan Custom Shop EVH pup in the bridge position. I currently play this thru my ENGL 670 SE and Mills Acoustics 412B Afterburner cab. Sonic Nirvana for sure!! They are all works of art. Nothing compares to a Les Paul!!

I would have to say the one in my dreams. Still don't have one but in my dreams - you should see it. It fits like a glove, a tone known only to me, a finish that would rival heaven, and should a "collector" see it, they could only dream of having it. It definitely is a players guitar. It is truly a one of a kind and priceless. The name of my Les Paul is Excalibur and you know the rest of the story. Now, if I could only find that dang wizard...

STANDARDS-!! Why? VALUE! You get the best sound for the price.

Of course its all up to the player, but a Custom or RI won't sound much better if at all.

Especially $4 - $6k more Better!.... Although it might look better?

I haven't played every model but I have played with all the top end Gibson LP's and the one I settled on is the

05 Standard Faded 60's neck.

Theres a reason why their called Standards.

btw, these type of questions should include a price range!

Yeah, the sound is so good that surprise me every time I play with My LPCS.

Too bad for the retired neighbor who must attempt to keep their wigs as they can ... The other is just messed

The only "troubles" is the weight 9.7 lbs.

Archived