Gibson Brands Forums

Tone Settings for ES 335

Shamus

Greetings,

Any suggestions on guitar and Amp settings for the ES 335.I have just started experimenting with my new ES 335.I have had to change all my Amp and pedal settings. I run the ES 335 through a Fender Bassman. However I am finding the sound a bit muffled.I do not have the same issue with my Les Paul Standard. But the 57's are a different.Should I have backed off on the Bass?.I am challenged to find good clean settings for good rythm playing.

I am open for suggestions to try and dial in the tone.

I am using a Fender Bassman Amp

Boss Blues Driver

Boss Ds 1 Distortion Pedal-Turned Off

Boss Equalizer

Well, of course, amps make a big difference...combo, stacks, and speaker size/configuration, etc.

And, a lot of it is personal preference, but I've always run more Mid-range (7-9), bass at about 5

(or less), and treble at about 6-8, on a Fender "Twin Reverb," with my Gibby "Lucille," which is as

close as I have, to a ES-335. Those are good starting points, too, on my other amps, too...but they

(sometimes) have to be tweaked a bit...one way or the other. I find I don't need as much "Gain"

and a bit more "tone" on my overdrive pedals, with "Lucille!" She has a nice warmth, that has just

a different kind of "sustain," than my SG or LP's do. But, again, it's quite often, more a matter of

personal taste, needs.

Cheers,

CB

Thanks Folks

I have been spending more time with this magnificent guitar.It am finding out alot more of it's capabilities.It is one powerful Instrument.The sustain is awesome. I have reduced the gain on my Blues driver and turned off the Distortion pedal and wow! It sounds sweet. I can just stare at the beauty of this guitar.

I loved my Fenders but they can't match the 335 for that powerful tone.

09 ES 335 Figured Top Cherry

06 Les Paul Standard Herritage

07 Gibson SongWriter Deluxe Cutaway (AWESOME GUITAR)

Fender Bassman Reissue

Fender Super Reverb.

Pedals galore

Yeah...Gibby 'Semi's are awesome! Was in a store, in Wichita, this afternoon..."Looking/Wishing!" LOL!

Found a Sweet ES-345 (Cherry), that wanted to come home with me, but...alas, I had nowhere near the "Coin"

for that beauty! And, with my "Lucille," it would be kind of "overkill" anyway. But, it sure was "Purdy!!" Maybe,

"Someday?!" ;>)

CB

Archived