Gibson Brands Forums

FS 2007 J185TV custom

scooby

greetings all, I have 2007 J185TV for sale. This was made for me last march, it is in excellent condition. Specs; custom dark cherry burst, umberamber center to darkblack brown outer, figueredmaple baqck&sides, sitka top, abalonerosette, standard purf&bind, LRBaggs element ust/ with sound hole volume dial/ firestripe pickguard std 185tv shape. certificate of authenticity, inside label signed by Ren. 2,250.00. us .shipping included, cont, US only.j185tv

Help how do I post photos?

You first have to have your photos hosted somewhere, such as on Photobucket. Then click on the "Image" icon at in the title bar on your reply post and insert the address for your photo between the {img}post photo address here {img} signs.

• 2 weeks later...

Terry, the guitar sounds great. It's very comparable to three other j185's I've played, current models that is .The sound is very well balanced and even with the mid to trebles being alittle more up front. Another member asked if it was punchy, not compared to a AJ.To me this is an excellent rhythem style guitar. I've only played it for maybe atotal of 24 hrs total. At the same time I bought the j185 I also orderd a quilted mahogany j45ltd custom , wow. I am definately a J45 guy it is my favorite. My intention was to try them both and decide which to keep. The j45 won. I 've also a sj200 50's reissue in maple that is The King of my Flattops. And then ther's my W I F E you see,need I say more . I need to sell to help finish an addition to our home that still is in complete. I hope this answers your questions. I'd really love to keep her to here but a tuff decision has been made . waah waahh Chris

Thanks for all the info, Chris. I think. What you've done, you see, is snap me out of my inert, I'm-not-going-to-think-of-guitars state of consciousness and plunge me once again into the turgid waters of lust and indecision!! GAS my friend. It starts with G and it rhymes with T and that stands for Trouble, I said Trouble my friend, right here in River City! Wait, that's from the Music Man, but you get the idea. J-185? SJ-150? SJ-200!!!!????? I've gotta' go!!!

Thanks for all the info' date=' Chris. I think. What you've done, you see, is snap me out of my inert, I'm-not-going-to-think-of-guitars state of consciousness and plunge me once again into the turgid waters of lust and indecision!! GAS my friend. It starts with G and it rhymes with T and that stands for Trouble, I said Trouble my friend, right here in River City! Wait, that's from the Music Man, but you get the idea. J-185? SJ-150? SJ-200!!!!????? I've gotta' go!!![/size']

:D

Archived