Gibson Brands Forums

Affiliate Sponsored Reviews On Gibson.com

The Learn and Master Guitar Review, by Dave Hunter is a Google sponsored advertisement. The "reviewer" has included his affiliate link code (826-8-3-1.htm) throughout this so called review. This is an affiliate link intended for compensation. You can find the Google AdWord advertisement for this product by Googling the phrase "DVD Guitar Lessons"

Learn and Master Guitar is notorious for bogus, affiliate sponsored guitar lesson reviews. Could someone at Gibson please just read the responses to this review? Learn and Master Guitar is currently the subject of an FTC investigation for these illegal ad practices and this review puts Gibson in the middle of this investigation.

I saw that review also and figured it was the same thing since Learn and Master is well known on the internet for their guitar lesson review scams. It's really a shame that a big beloved company such as Gibson is taking advantage of these false reviews and profitting from it. Gibson should step up to the plate on this one and do the honest thing here. It's really quite crazy when you think about it, it's all profit and supplying people with a product that doesn't teach them what they need to know. At some point people have to stop focusing on the profit and start focusing on the people. I can dream big right? Anyway Axe-me, you're not alone on this one.

Archived