Gibson Brands Forums

For Sale : '67 B-25N (Price Lowered to $1100)

nid2007

I bought this from a fellow forum member for $1000 and was going to keep it as an investment/collector piece [it is in amazing cosmetic shape], but shortly thereafter, I unexpectedly scored a Banner LG-2 and a '57 LG-1. I have now taken it to a very qualified luthier and have had ALL necessary repairs--including replacing the ceramic adj bridge with a fixed bridge and saddle--which will keep it from bellying as these guitars are prone to do because of the adj bridge. Due to the narrow nut, I highly recommend this guitar for someone with small hands. It is an unbelievably loud guitar for its size. With a great woody gibson 60's tone--it sounds winderful. It has what I think is the original soft case, in very good condition (w/original hang tags). The guitar is located in Montgomery County Maryland.

My luthier cost was $330. So I 'm asking $1330 plus actual UPS shipping. (Price now lowered to $1100 plus shipping) If you are looking for great b-25/lg-2 sound and like the late 60's narrow nut, this is the guitar for you. I have not bonded with this guitar yet, so it is the right time for me to sell it. (I have the ceramic adj saddle as well). The pictures below are pre-repair (the previous owner was a much better photographer than I am).[/i]Pics:

b25-front.jpg

b25-headstock.jpg

b25-front2.jpg

b25-back3jpg.jpg

New Bridge pic below.

sept72008005.jpg

Thanks Mike.

LiveSound,

I'm in DC. I can't take credit for the care of this guitar. I bought it from a forum member a few month ago, who bought it from a store on Wisconsin. While it was in wonderful shape cosmetically, someone did neglect the adj bridge area in the sense that they kept raising the adj bridge to deal with the problematic bridge area. By the time it got to me, the ceramic saddle was raised as high as it should go. My luthier took one look at it and said "great guitar, but the bridge has to go." I will include the original bridge with it for anyone concerned about originality.

I'm selling this one because I have had not had the opportunity to become attached to it yet, and I need to let one go because I have one coming.

I really think this one is a good investment/collector piece as well as a great player. I want to sell it at exactly my cost plus whatever my Luthier is putting into it. If noone is interested in that or the market dictates a lower price, I expect to hold on to it.

Nid, what a beauty.

I have big hands and I'm in the UK, but if not for that I'd snaffle that from you in a matter of minutes!

Any idea yet how much the luthier work will set you/the prospective buyer back?

Jinder,

I just called and left a message to find out. He has my '46 J-45 still, so I've been in no rush to get the B-25 that is finished.

Jinder, this nut is really no narrower than the cherry B -25 I once had that you were interested in. It is a great everyday guitar for someone with small hands, but still a nice guitar "to play around with" for those of us with larger hands. Kind of like the old fender bullet electrics. Fun to play.

Of course, I'd go for the baseball bat on my banner any day. I also now have a '57 LG-1, which has a neck that is a wonderful happy median. That is one that I should have returned to the Guitar Center or sold right way, because I am now attached to it.

On a side note, I had that LG-1 worked on by Marcus at the Music Villa. Those of you that are going to homecoming are in for a treat with setups etc. The work he did for $250 to this LG-1 is simply unbelievable!! Put in whole new back bracing, new saddle, nut, fret work and more. I can't say enough.

On a side note' date=' I had that LG-1 worked on by Marcus at the Music Villa. Those of you that are going to homecoming are in for a treat with setups etc. The work he did for $250 to this LG-1 is simply unbelievable!! Put in whole new back bracing, new saddle, nut, fret work and more. I can't say enough.[/quote']

That's good to hear. Music Villa is offering Homecoming attendees a price break on any set ups done.

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

I got this baby back from my luthier. He put on a new bridge, backplate, non-adj saddle, some fretwork, and brought the top up from the slight bellying.

This was by appearances a beautiful guitar before, but it had adj bridge caused problems. Now it is exceptionally playable and great sounding as well.

My luthier cost was $330. So I 'm asking $1330. If you are looking for great b-25 lg-2 sound and like the late 60's narrow nut, this is the guitar for you. I have not bonded with this guitar yet, so it is the right time for me to sell it. If you are interested, I'll send pics of the new bridge. (I have the ceramic adj saddle as well).

I'm itch'in for a Fender or Gibby electric. Anyone got something of approximately equal value laying around unused? This B-25 is in perfect shape right now--I mean it needs nothing by way of repair--all taken care of. Incredibly clean.

Trade offers?

This is a really nice guitar. Sounds especially nice since having the fixed bridge conversion. If a narrow nut does not bother you, this is a perfect short scale, round shouldered, small body gibson. It sounds like it should. I've played a lot of these, and none better.

I have a '57 LG-1 and a banner LG-2--this is the one I have to let go.

Nid, I've said it before and I'll say it again, but if I was in the US and had a little more money kicking around, I'd have this in a heartbeat. I'm really enjoying my '68 B15, narrow nut and all, and I'd love to have its X-braced big brother in the fold. I'm sure it'll go soon, it's certainly a beauty and an amazingly clean example.

Archived