Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Falcon Amp

Joe G

I am looking for any information about a Gibson Falcon Amp I own. It is a late model (1968?) "Guitar Series" amp. I am hoping to get this amp rebuilt and information on this model is scarce. Most of the information I have found relates to the GA-19RVT Falcon which is different from mine. Thanks

Thank you Dennis. The Guitar Series Falcon on the website unfortunately is close but not the same as mine. The component layout lists V4 tube as a 12AX7 and my component layout schematic inside the amp lists V4 as a 12AT7. I am not surprised as it seems like Gibson was using any parts they had on hand to build these amps and when the part supply got low they would just start using a different part. I am planning to send this amp out to be refurbished this summer and I am trying to get as much information about before we start. - Joe

Monmouth County about 15 minutes from Asbury Park. I have already setup the refurb for this summer but I would like to get more information about the amp. I will check out the link you furnished. Thanks - Joe

Monmouth County about 15 minutes from Asbury Park. I have already setup the refurb for this summer but I would like to get more information about the amp. I will check out the link you furnished. Thanks - Joe

Ok, cool. Ever attend the Guitarbeque events in Asbury? I'll see if i can get an e-mail for you for the tech tht posts on the tdpri pages.

• 2 weeks later...
Great!! I appreciate the help. I am leaving for North Carolina this afternoon so I will check it out when I get back in May. - Joe

Ok, best of luck finding what you need for it.

I've seen a flurry of these (not specificly what you have) on eBay and have been thinking about giving one them a whirl.

Archived