Gibson Brands Forums

Tuner not working.

hcramer

My high E tuner on my GOR isn't tuning. It seems like the ear isn't as tight as the other tuners. It doesn't grind or hum or make any noise at all like it is trying to attempt to tune. I am not quiet sure what to do or anything :/ Any help would be appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, now I have the same problem with my 1st Run Robot. High E isn't tuning when the guitar is normally in my lap (horizontal).

But when I put the guitar in vertical position and play high E string -> it start tuning the high E string.

Has everyone's 1st Run Robots starting to malfunction with high E?

I hope we can purchase spare RoboTuners soon.

niemepet,

that sounds like a contacting problem with our high E tuner.

Its most likely that the hex nut turned loose and the tuners case rotated.

Try to rotate the tuners case contrary to string tension direction while tuning automatically. If the RoboHead starts tuning intermittently you have to find the "sweet spot" and tighten it.

Try this:

- Remove the respective string.

- align the tuners case to the black electronic box, use a 12 mm wrench for the hex nut.

- tighten the hex nut at approx. 1.5 Nm torque.

- restring and check.

Tronical

You play. We tune.

• 3 weeks later...

Try this:

- Remove the respective string.

- align the tuners case to the black electronic box' date=' use a 12 mm wrench for the hex nut.

- restring and check.

[/quote']

Hi, I forgot to tell result. This worked for me. It really was a contacting problem. Again my Robot works like a charm.

Thanks Tronical!

• 1 year later...

Oh yeah, I did. [blink]

sorry, my english it's poor (i'm spanish). and I have the same problem with the G string

I don't understand this :

- align the tuners case to the black electronic box, use a 12 mm wrench for the hex nut.

HELP !!!

thanks!!

sorry, my english it's poor (i'm spanish). and I have the same problem with the G string

I don't understand this :

HELP !!!

thanks!!

This is a very old thread; you might consider starting a new one. Please describe exactly what your problem is first, so we can help you!

This is a very old thread; you might consider starting a new one. Please describe exactly what your problem is first, so we can help you!

THANKS !!!

I understand this '- align the tuners case to the black electronic box, use a 12 mm wrench for the hex nut.' and run perfectly !!!

THANKS !!!

• 3 years later...

Hi everyone,

just to mention that all my robots (Flying V, Gibson SG, Robot 1st run RG3134 and RG 2063) are not tuning anymore.

They all get the same problem (yellowing peg, some strings are not tuned at all etc ...)

It's amazing to spend such money on them and never got back any answer/solution from gibson (try to get in touch with gibson US, France ...)

Are you caring about your customers ?

Archived