Gibson Brands Forums

OK, I took your advice on the Dove....

Dr.Tom

....and went with a 2006. I got it from McKenzie River Music in Eugene, Oregon. I bought it sight unseen and unplayed as I live near Buffalo,NY.

First of all the people at McKenzie River Music were just outstanding to deal with. The guitar is in pristine condition. It sounds and plays fantastic. I just love the neck on this guitar. The sound is very full bodied and very articulate as I guess i should expect from maple. I am very pleased with this guitar. It is also a real canon. I wasn't necessarily expecting that, but it is. I friend of mine was in my office when it came in today. He's a very good guitar player and he was very impressed and said it was the best acoustic he ever played. But listening to him play it was a great experience because it really is a canon!. The sound is very very nice; thanks for the advice on going with a newer version vs the 70's.

Here are some photos of it right out of the case with out any clean up at all:

Dove14-16-08.jpg

Dove34-16-08.jpg

Dove44-16-08.jpg

Dove64-16-08.jpg

Regards,

Tom

ACOUSTICS :2005 Martin D-45V ;Adamas 2080, Adamas 1688-8 12 String ; 2006 Takamine TAN 15C; 2006 Ovation 1858LX 12 String ;Takamine EF 75 #70 ; 2001 Takamine SW341SC(Steve Wariner Signature); 2004 Takamine EF360S ; 2004 Taylor 814CE ; 1990 Takamine FP400SC 12 String ;197? Bruno Royal Artist acoustic

Nice guitar, Dr. Tom. Also, I'm glad you enjoyed dealing with McKenzie River Music. It's about 40 miles from where I live. The folks there are about as friendly as can be. I was there a few months ago and the owner, Bob November, (great name), heard me asking about vintage Gibsons so he took me upstairs to his office and showed me some oldies that he doesn't even have for sale to the general public. He said he uses them for "scratch your back" deals. I need to get back down there. Anyway, congrats on a great guitar!

Man, there sure are a lot of doves flying around the forum lately....I thought the season closed two months ago ! :-&

Anyway, ever notice how things go in cylces on the forum ? You know, for a while it's "all about AJ's." Then, there's nothing but posts about Songwriters, then J-45's. Now, it's the Dove. Kinda neat.

That Dove sure is a unique piece. You've got quite a player there....not to mention a coversation piece when somebody comes by.

Enjoy ! And, thanks for sharing the pics.

TWilson

Nice guitar, Dr. Tom. Also, I'm glad you enjoyed dealing with McKenzie River Music. It's about 40 miles from where I live. The folks there are about as friendly as can be. I was there a few months ago and the owner, Bob November, (great name), heard me asking about vintage Gibsons so he took me upstairs to his office and showed me some oldies that he doesn't even have for sale to the general public. He said he uses them for "scratch your back" deals. I need to get back down there. Anyway, congrats on a great guitar!

TWilson,

Bob responded to my first email inquiry and told me he wouldn't be open on Sunday or in the shop on Monday but that Eric could help me out. Eric was a great help. They packed it really well and it was a great transaction.

Regards,

Tom

Man' date=' there sure are a lot of doves flying around the forum lately....I thought the season closed two months ago ! :-&

Anyway, ever notice how things go in cylces on the forum ? You know, for a while it's "all about AJ's." Then, there's nothing but posts about Songwriters, then J-45's. Now, it's the Dove. Kinda neat.

That Dove sure is a unique piece. You've got quite a player there....not to mention a coversation piece when somebody comes by.

Enjoy ! And, thanks for sharing the pics.[/quote']

I'm surprised that more people(if they can afford them) don't go after a Dove. This is one of the finest sounding and best playing guitars around.

Regards,

Tom

ACOUSTICS :2005 Martin D-45V ;Adamas 2080, Adamas 1688-8 12 String ; 2006 Takamine TAN 15C; 2006 Ovation 1858LX 12 String ;Takamine EF 75 #70 ; 2001 Takamine SW341SC(Steve Wariner Signature); 2004 Takamine EF360S ; 2004 Taylor 814CE ; 1990 Takamine FP400SC 12 String

pretty soon i'll be joining the dove club! :D/ :) :-&

i do have to say the the dove is the best sounding and one of the best looking guitars ever created!

the dove's in flight looks awesome! the muscians friend and the official gibson pictures do it no justice!

wow i think that's the most exclamation points and smilies i've ever used in a post before. i think you can tell i'm excited :)

pretty soon i'll be joining the dove club! :D/ :) :-&

i do have to say the the dove is the best sounding and one of the best looking guitars ever created!

the dove's in flight looks awesome! the muscians friend and the official gibson pictures do it no justice!

wow i think that's the most exclamation points and smilies i've ever used in a post before. i think you can tell i'm excited :)

I looked at the Doves in Flight but there is no way i could have gone with a guitar that has a

1.575 inch nut width. Just way to narrow for me.

Regards,

Tom

Archived