Gibson Brands Forums

Club of Standards

Rocker Ass

Sounds like you found your perfect match. Regarding the spec, I thought the 07 Standard was the same as the current Traditional (57 Classic pickups, non chambered but weight relived, 50`s neck), sounds like I was wrong.

Regarding the weight, there is so much variation. My 08 Standard (chambered) comes in at 9lb, which I think is at the high end of the scale. Its the combination of natural materials and the hand made (in part) craftsmanship that makes the Les Paul such a special and individual guitar. Each with their own voice and feel.

Anyway, the wife is getting pissed off with me sitting on the internet and her in the living room. So for the sake of my relationship, going to call it a day.

Congratulation and enjoy Quietly [biggrin]

sweet

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Gibson Les Paul Standard Vintage Sunburst 2007 ('50's neck)

DSC01264-2.jpg

DSC01263.jpg

DSC01262.jpg

Man a beautiful guitar!! This is the same guitar that Andy uses in the Pro guitar Shop demos on youtube.

I love the 07's!!

I have a 72,78,07,13 and i would sell any of them before the 07.I'm looking for another now,but i dont live in the US and they are hard to find in my country ,because most owners wont sell them.

They sound and feel amazing.They are acoustically very loud and the sustain, tight bottom and RESONANCE is beautiful.They will also cut like a motherf$%ker at high volume,and once setup up properly hold tune really well.They also can pull lots of classic LP's sounds, we all know and love.

Actually, the reason i bought one in the first place was i was working at a punk/hard rock venue and i heard guy playing this guitar and it blew my mind.I struck up a conversation and he told me it was a 07,i later found one in 2013!

As far as the 72 and 78 i have i just dont enjoy playing them, as much as the 07,i find the 07's to have a very lively sound and they are also very "dynamic" in that subtle changes, and swaying of the body & just small manipulations offer great vibrato's.

I've heard all the "chambered" arguments but they dont mean nothing to me,if a guitar can sound like this-they also dont seem to mean much to many HUGE artists like Bonamassa,Gibbons and tons of jazz players etc etc etc.I've also heard a great cloud 9(also chambered.).They also have the approx the same weight as an original 59 too.

• 2 weeks later...

Man a beautiful guitar!! This is the same guitar that Andy uses in the Pro guitar Shop demos on youtube.

I love the 07's!!

I have a 72,78,07,13 and i would sell any of them before the 07.I'm looking for another now,but i dont live in the US and they are hard to find in my country ,because most owners wont sell them.

They sound and feel amazing.They are acoustically very loud and the sustain, tight bottom and RESONANCE is beautiful.They will also cut like a motherf$%ker at high volume,and once setup up properly hold tune really well.They also can pull lots of classic LP's sounds, we all know and love.

Actually, the reason i bought one in the first place was i was working at a punk/hard rock venue and i heard guy playing this guitar and it blew my mind.I struck up a conversation and he told me it was a 07,i later found one in 2013!

As far as the 72 and 78 i have i just dont enjoy playing them, as much as the 07,i find the 07's to have a very lively sound and they are also very "dynamic" in that subtle changes, and swaying of the body & just small manipulations offer great vibrato's.

I've heard all the "chambered" arguments but they dont mean nothing to me,if a guitar can sound like this-they also dont seem to mean much to many HUGE artists like Bonamassa,Gibbons and tons of jazz players etc etc etc.I've also heard a great cloud 9(also chambered.).They also have the approx the same weight as an original 59 too.

Awesome guitar

4H

• 1 month later...