Gibson Brands Forums

Club of Standards

Rocker Ass

I'd like to join the Standards if I can through ownership of this Les Paul Standard PEACE guitar that has been hand-wired and thoroughly de-Hippyfied.3CC63091-E6E9-429D-8D03-7C93BF8BEB3E.jpg5E059607-E671-4343-94BB-CD9DD5C99C5A.jpg

Beautiful! Those Peace LP's have awesome tops, your's is a great example of that! Congrats and enjoy. [thumbup]

Thank You. Unfortunately the first owner put the pickguard on using screws, but it was such a good deal, I can afford to have the top refinished by Gibson someday. (if it bothers me enough). The hand wiring gives this thing a tone much different from my 2014 LPJ with the same '61 Pickups. I figure that I'll just make it my own. I ordered a Copper Sparkle pickguard, which I hope makes it look cool enough that I actually LIKE the pickguard. I'm sure that it will grow on me, and I'll leave it original. I am very anxious to see the Copper pickguard against the Orange top. I wish that I could figure out how to get my Nikon DSLR pictures online. The pictures that I post all just come from my iPad's camera. They do not do justice to the fire on this top.

The action was way too low for me. I didn't have a truss Rod tool, so I took it to a great music store near here. I had taken the truss Rod cover off, and there was like clear silicone caulk in there. Deep inside I had nightmarish visions of a fake truss Rod being glued in by some Chinese guy. The guy from the music store sighted down the neck, and took the cover off. After he looked at it sideways for about a minute. He said "Just a minute", and He headed for the back.

I said, "Does it look OK?" And He said "No." And he headed to the back room with it.

For five long minutes, I thought that even with the 120th Anniversary inlay and very Gibson-like details, it was a fake.

He came back out, and set a stool in front of me, and said, "Sit down." And I thought, "Oh, Brother. I'm screwed now." I thought that I was going to have to commit a major crime to even the score with the thief that screwed me over!

Then He said, "See if the action is better now."

I said, "Is it a real Gibson?" And He said "Yes. you're fine. It's a REALLY NICE Gibson too!"

I played it, and in five minutes He had set the action at the perfect height for me. He didn't charge me a nickel, and five minutes later my heartbeat was back to normal. Now I'm starting to like this guitar A LOT.Now DE917D54-73E3-4AEB-965C-344C080ABB64.jpgI have changed the knobs, and I like it even more.61A0A848-DB7A-4724-9355-B75213D6DC03.jpg

I can't wait to get my Copper Sparkle Pickguard. It is either going to look great against the Orange, or terrible. I am hoping that it makes me a pickguard guy. If it looks not so good, You can buy an Orange pickguard, which COULD Look pretty nice.

(update) in my opinion, the Zcopper Pickguard, although it'd a beutiful piece in hand, on the Lester, it does nothing for me. I think it looks best with no Pickguard.180049C4-3935-41F0-A96A-65A76F2FA0B8.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i got a beautiful Gibson les paul standard 2015 sprint run model trans amber candy unfortunately i dont know why when i try posting pics it doesnt work?? :(

You are the only one with this problem, you will just have to work it out.

rct

Post photographs of gibson les paul standard

My qualifier: 2011 Gibson Les Paul Standard Blue Steel. See original GC ad w/specs from 2011 posted by Capmaster in "Dealer Exclusive" forum. More pics of my LP are there, along with pics of my 2011 SG Standard. Guess I got something for 2011msp_biggrin.gif Sorry about the SG photos that came first, my bad...My new LP pics are below2015-03-18%2023.28.22_zpskxcy0k2e.jpg2015-03-18%2023.23.30_zpsbu6toblp.jpg2014-01-15%2023.26.34_zpsegmz8sar.jpg2014-01-15%2023.25.01_zpsegn2e2yi.jpg2016-03-09%2019.14.28_zpsekfcpwqb.jpg2016-02-25%2022.12.51%202_zpsoxhkmsvx.jpg2016-02-25%2022.13.36%202_zpsjjhrmnt3.jpg2016-02-25%2023.56.37_zpsbqikdhxb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

A few months back I purchased a Les Paul Studio and absolutely loved the sound. Therefore, I bought myself a 2016 Les Paul Standard T Plus Top in Transparent Amber. Wow! What an instrument.

post-81967-015136100 1477406764_thumb.jpg

My "Winnie" (named after my newborn granddaughter Erowynn) came home a few days ago. I now understand the differences between a Studio and a Standard as to refinement. Before today I didn't think one could improve much on a Studio. In fact, I would have argued vigorously that there's not much difference. While the sound is not remarkably different between the two, the Standard has a certain feel that is hard to describe. I'm now a believer. I'm a convert. I've seen the light. I've touched the AAA transparent amber stripes. I've been baptized in the sound of out-of-phase BurstBuckers. I have all the pushy-pully knobs one could ever want. Life will never be the same!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My Gibson les paul standard HP in Bourbon burst

Nice! This is the color of the new HP I'm waiting for my shop to get in. It seems some came in but, were spoken for already.

Is the back solid black or dark stain? I have seen them both way in pictures.