Gibson Brands Forums

2009 was the best year of my life...

Hector Arcadius

ok, I will share the facts that lead to my conclusion:

1. New Years Eve 2009 found me & my wife to Vienna, Austria. Welcoming the new year under the fireworks next to Stephansdom and drinking hot red wine with your wife, is a lifetime experience...

2. April 10th, I buy my first Gibby ever! what else should I add...?

3. In the same month, we verify that my wife is pregnant. And that we are expecting twin boys... Now imagine that!

4. May 28th, I fly to Athens, Greece (my home-country) to see AC/DC live for first (hopefully not last) time, with a good friend. What a show! Perhaps my best live concert ever...? Well, until the next one...

5. July 12th, Alice Cooper plays live in Limassol! Now that's huge for me, since that guy is to blame for me being a rocker. My personal favourite artist, a true inspiration... First time I see him live ever. That guy is gonna keep rocking for as long as he can handle it. Which means, for many more years to come.

6. Later this summer, I join the Gibson forums. What a wise decision, eh...?[biggrin]

7. November 30th, my twin boys are born. Words are getting really poor here...

To summarize it all, 2 great live shows, one gibby, 2 sons and a few new worldwide friends (not presented in the correct order of course)!

Ok, how was 2009 for you guys? Or, which was your favourite year and why? I bet some great stories will be presented from ya all...!

I'm glad you had a great year' date=' Hector! I'd have to file 2009 as one of the worse years in my life so far, but hey... ups and downs![/quote']

Yep, that's the way it goes my friend. I'm fully aware of the fact... So, if that's the case, things are looking up for you, eh? Let's hope that 2010 will be one of your best bud![-(

well its glad to hear you had a great year hector' date=' and as for me.... ehh, well i wouldnt say it was a great year. and i wouldnt say it was a terrible year....

its hard to say how my year went. its had its ups and downs... but overall it was pretty good [-([/quote']

Did you get laid?

I'm glad someone had a good year,

Jan, my sister nearly died

Feb, 2009 I had a heart attack

March, I caught phenomena

April, I blew out my ankle

July, my brother died

Dec, my doctor tells me I may have a brain tumor pressing on my ear drum, but my insurance won't cover the MRI.

The good news?

If he's right it's a slow growing one, so I'll just enjoy the dizzy spells, headaches and the constant pulsating howling nose in my left ear until April when my wife's health insurance kick's in.

Yeah, 09 was great.

I'm glad someone had a good year' date='

Jan, my sister nearly died

Feb, 2009 I had a heart attack

March, I caught phenomena

April, I blew out my ankle

July, my brother died

Dec, my doctor tells me I may have a brain tumor pressing on my ear drum, but my insurance won't cover the MRI.

The good news?

If he's right it's a slow growing one, so I'll just enjoy the dizzy spells, headaches and the constant pulsating howling nose in my left ear until April when my wife's health insurance kick's in.

Yeah, 09 was great.

[/quote']

Damn man... I'm sorry for your loss and I sincerely wish the best possible news for your health in 2010.

Now I should shut up and close the thread, I suppose...

Damn man... I'm sorry for your loss and I sincerely wish the best possible news for your health in 2010.

Now I should shut up and close the thread' date=' I suppose...[/quote']

Hector don't let me rain on your parade brother, life is all about change, some times good ones some times, not so much...

Your news was up lifting to me, thanks for sharing.

2010? Who know's, maybe the test will be negative and I'll be fine.

Your having twin's! How cool is that?

1. Got a girlfriend finally (lol, the guitar obsession seems to be a turnoff).

2. Gave her up so I could play my guitars [cool]

3. Bought my first Gibson guitar (SG Standard)

4. Had a great New Year's Party

5. Got my driver's permit.

6. Had fun!

(none of this is in order)

Happy New Year's. I truly am sorry for those of you who didn't have a good 2009, hope 2010 works out good for ya!

Thanks for the very kind words everyone. I just wanted to spread around some optimism and the thought that, although we don't always expect it, things can actually work out for us and have a good one... Some times they don't, but indeed life seems to be an endless spiral dance. Making circles between ''good'' and ''bad'' (whatever these concepts are...) but at the same time it is moving forward...

Anyway, quoting Vincent Price from the ''Welcome to my Nightmare'' album, I just ''put forward a slice of personal philosophy''! :-&

Have a great year everyone! Make it work for ya![cool]

2009 in a nutshell: ...not my best year, but it was fun...

- Jan: gave up my well paid job for something unsure (under the motto 'I've got one life')

- Apr: arrival of the ES-175 and its consequences, "I'm into jazz..."

- Sep: been operated and well recovered

- Sep: starting my own business, 'fun fun fun'

- Oct: arrival Dell'Arte and even more 'into jazz'

- Dec: arrival DM50 and nothing else but jazz...

- Jan-Dec: everyone else in the family had a good health, fun, good grades, loved their music lessons, received love of the pater familias...

2010 in perspective:

- no more arrivals :-k

- living as healthy as possible

- living loving (my) maid

- wasting your time as in 2009, 2008

Archived