Gibson Brands Forums

Help on a-b/y switches

Kenny V

I am new to the forum, so I hope I am posting this in the right location. I have been out of the electric guitar/amp loop so to speak for the last 37 years, a little like Rip Van Winkle. 12 months ago I walked into a guitar store and was simply blown away by all the new neat stuff that was for sale. So within that time frame I purchased a Line 6 Spider Jam, Line 6 - 150 watt half stack, a Gibson ES 135 and a Gibson Les Paul. (Just trying to make up for lost time) I now found out that there is switch box that will allow me to play my guitar through both amps at the same time. I am looking to purchase a a-b-y switch box. The following three are in the running. The Radial Big Shot ABY Switcher; Radial Bones R800-7115 Twin City A-B-Y foot switch, and Wirlwind selector A/B box. I have no plans to join any bands, playing music is pure enjoyment for me. Has anyone tried any of the above mentioned products and what is your opinion on which is the best? Are there others ones out there worth considering. I want one that has no noise, pops, or crackles...Sounds like a breakfast cereal. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Kenny V

Archived