Gibson Brands Forums

Just purchased a new SJ-200.

LPDEN

Yesterday I came across a SJ-200 my local dealer just received that was a demo that apparently never got used as a demo and sat in it's case for the last few months. The only sign the it was out of the factory box is a small mark on the outside of the case. The guitar itself is flawless as far as my eyes can tell. I had mentioned the guitar here online yesterday and went back to the dealer again today and had the dealer take the guitar out of the back room so I could spend some time playing it. I played the guitar for a good 45 minutes. All I can say is wow! Maple and Sitka never sounded so good! This SJ-200 knocks my socks off. Maple and Spruce never sounded so good. I was so taken away by the sound and I bought it. The 25.5 scale works fine for me on the guitar and the neck seemingly plays itself. It's getting a set-up and a new saddle, so when the dealer gets that work done I'll take it home.

I haven't been this excited about a guitar purchase in a very long time! This does mean I am no longer pursuing the Costello Century of Progress I discussed in another thread, as I am saving my next purchase for a new electric.

I don't have any actual photos of the guitar, so this is the best I can do until it comes home:

516448.jpg

516446.jpg

516447.jpg

Congratulations!! Can I ask you to remember what the first song you play on it will be (when you get it home)? Someday I'm going to get one of those.

Sal' date=' that avatar is adorable![/quote']

You bet I will ! Thanks...

There are a few iconic guitars...D-18' date=' D-28, H-Bird, and J-200.

(and J-45)

Hey, 3 out of five are Gibsons.[/quote']

That's a great way to think about it! Needless to say, I am very happy to have been able to select the SJ-200. As I mentioned, it gives you a proud sense of ownership of grand tradition.

The SJ200 was my first Gibson. As my dealer put it when I bought it' date=' "if you're gonna own a Gibson, you have to have an SJ200". [/quote']

That's exactly how I felt. When I put things into perspective, it didn't make sense pursuing other models.

One of the happiest days in my life was when I took delivery of a brand new J-200. Good luck and enjoy it!

^_^

I can relate just on the feeling of getting the deal done in the store. I'm sure when it comes home I guessing I'll feel the same way.

Congratulations and enjoy. It's a wonderful guitar !!

I bought my new SJ200 last year and am still going about looking like I'd won the lottery. The factory installed pick-up is excellent, and I'm just about to take this sweet toned baby on her first major gig. Oh happy days.........

Congratulations and enjoy. It's a wonderful guitar !!

I bought my new SJ200 last year and am still going about looking like I'd won the lottery. The factory installed pick-up is excellent' date=' and I'm just about to take this sweet toned baby on her first major gig. Oh happy days.........[/quote']

Thanks Celtic! Yes, I too really like how the electronics on the guitar sounded too. It really did the unplugged sound alot of justice.

Best of like on your first big gig with your SJ-200...

Oh yessssssssssss!

Congrats Dennis ( if you can feel a slight touch of "green" in this reply it's because I am bloody envious!)

BR

John

John, you can be sure that if you and I were at a jam gathering together, you would have full access to play and enjoy my new SJ-200.

Archived