Gibson Guitar Board: Need to post something here - Carvin Amps - Gibson Guitar Board

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Need to post something here - Carvin Amps

#1 User is offline   sotis69 

• Group: Members

Posted 15 January 2010 - 02:55 AM

I'm playing through a 212 Carvin Belair Combo and love it. I bought it in 2000 and still play it everyday. The clean channel with effects loop is the way to go but the soak (ch 2)can really scream if you need it. A big ass M stack sitting in front of you is always a good thing but I don't need one and for the price I really dig the Carvin. I would recomend it

#2 User is offline   Murph 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 01 February 2010 - 07:43 AM

I just noticed this section. Didn't know it was here.

I'm a HUGE Carvin fan, been using their PA, bass, and monitor stuff for years. Owen Malone used a Bel Air for many years with DOUBLE AUGHT, and now uses a Carvin MTS.

#3 User is offline   tbonesullivan 

• Advanced Member

Posted 12 February 2010 - 12:05 PM

weird... this thread doesn't even show up.

Anyway, I also like carvin amps a lot... as one might guess. The MTS is a great amp, as are the X-100B amps. I've also heard the legacy amps (Vai Signature) are great amps, but I've never really had the chance to play one. They also make bass amps and basses, and guitars, and some other pro audio stuff. Good quality stuff at nice prices.

Anyway, the belair is a great amp. I believe Steve Walsh has used one in the past, and he did play his CT6 Carvin guitar in one of the songs on their latest concert dvd.

Anyway, where is the Marshall Amp thread? I now have a TSL122 and feel the need to talk about what it will do, and what it won't.
Gibson Guitars: '02 Blue SG Supreme '09 SG Standard Ebony
Hamer Guitars: '93 CAR Special P90, '93 '59 Burst Studio, '00 Orange Sparkle Newport
Fender Guitars: '09 Am Std Tele
Heritage Guitars: '99 Almond Sunburst H-535, '05 Sunsetburst H150CM
Carvin Guitars: '06 Sunsetburst CT6m, '09 Electric Blue Bolt, '08 C750T
Amps: Carvin X-100B Series III, Carvin X-100B Series IV, Carvin MTS3212, Carvin V16, Marshall TSL122, Mesa/Boogie DC-5
Rack: Carvin XP4 Effects, Sabine RT7000
Stomp Boxes: Radial Tonebone Hot British, Boss OD-20, ISP Decimator

#4 User is offline   gearhead 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationDallas, Texas

Posted 07 March 2010 - 01:22 PM

The X100B is great! I had one playing through 2 old Peavey 4x12" cabs with Celestion G12M70's. LOUD!!!!!
2002 Epiphone Junior (Ebony)
2003 Epiphone EB0 (Ebony)
2007 Epiphone G400 (Ebony)
2009 Epiphone Junior (Vintage Sunburst)
2010 Jay Turser JT-200 Pro (Ebony)
2011 Jay Turser JT-220 (Cherry Sunburst)
Peavey Backstage 50
Peavey XXL & 2x12 (G12K85 and "Relic 30")
Peavey Heritage VTX
Behringer GMX 1200H (120 Watt Stereo)
w/ Crate 4x12" cab:
(G12H-100 and G12T-75's Wired In Stereo)

Crate GX1200H 120 Watt Head
Custom Built 1x12" Guitar Cab (G12T-75)
Behringer Ultrabass BXR1800H (180 Watt) w/ 15" Scorpion and a Peavey 410TX Cab

#5 User is offline   Rewddawg1 

• Advanced Member

Posted 13 March 2010 - 10:34 AM

Anyway, where is the Marshall Amp thread? I now have a TSL122 and feel the need to talk about what it will do, and what it won't.

I have owned a Marshall JCM2000 TSL 602 since around the time they first came out. What were you wanting to know? The only feature I don't use is the FX loop. You may find the follwing link beneficial

http://reviews.harmo...00+TSL+122/10/1

Rewd.

My Toys:
Gibson 2007 SG3-HCGH
Gibson 2007 New Century Flying V (LE)
Epiphone 2008 Prophecy SG Custom EX
Epiphone 2009 Prophecy SG Custom GX W/Gibson Dirty Fingers pups.
Ibanez 2007 XPT 700 Xiphos
Taylor 2004 Big Baby
Marshall JCM 2000 TSL 602
Genz-Benz 2 x 12 ext. cab
Orange Tiny Terror Amp Head
Roland 30X Cube
Pedals: Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Wah, Boss Metal Zone & Metal Core, Ibanez Echo/Delay & Chorus/Flanger

#6 User is offline   simplybad 

Posted 19 March 2010 - 02:56 AM

great :-$ [biggrin]

Posted Image

#7 User is offline   pitzerguitar 

Posted 23 March 2010 - 07:52 AM

play my LP through a fender supersonic. blows my marshall and my vox away. simple 2 clean channels, one dirty, couple of gain knobs and lot of tone.

#8 User is offline   That Blues Guy 

Posted 26 March 2010 - 08:50 AM

Never used that brand of amp, how much do they run for?
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Classic
Agile AL-3100

Playing through a Blackheart Half Stack, with a Fender head.

#9 User is offline   D-poland 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationIOWA / USA

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:23 PM

View Postgearhead, on 07 March 2010 - 01:22 PM, said:

The X100B is great! I had one playing through 2 old Peavey 4x12" cabs with Celestion G12M70's. LOUD!!!!!

I see there are a few carvinites here! [thumbup] I've got a sx300 and an X100B both are the 2x12 combos! [thumbup] sx has some pretty decent effects and real good price! [wub]

#10 User is offline   D-poland 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationIOWA / USA

Posted 04 March 2012 - 05:29 PM

View PostThat Blues Guy, on 26 March 2010 - 08:50 AM, said:

Never used that brand of amp, how much do they run for?

you can get prices at carvin.com! [thumbup]

#11 User is offline   CoreyT 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationAuburn, WA.

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:12 AM

I like Carvin.
I use to get their catalogs when I was very young, and just recently I bought a new '61 SG reissue, and picked up the new V3M Carvin with the slanted 2x12 cabinet.
http://www.carvingui...roducts/V3M212S

I have pics in my sig below of it.
It is nice, you can have a totally clean sound, or get it as dirty as you want, and no need for a fuzz/distortion pedal with it.

PS, there are quite a few Carvin V3M amp vids on YouTube, but this guy here goes into depth showing what each knob can do as far as the tone.
Carvin has a few vids too with better playing, but this guy has the best tech for explaining the V3M.

#12 User is offline   CoreyT 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationAuburn, WA.

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:54 PM

Any others here have Carvins?
I have not played guitar since around '82 when I got married and had to sell the '73 Les Paul (post is in the introduction section), so I am pretty excited to get back into this again.

This is the most advanced amp I have ever had, and it sounds awesome, and I only have it on the 7 watt low setting since I am in an apartment complex.
On 7 watts even I have to have it down way low on the master, but it I crank up the channels volume and drive, I get the nice dirty sound at a whisper.

#13 User is offline   Boodreaux 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationNashville

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:05 PM

I have the Carvin Belair and echo the sentiments of the others who posted. The clean channel is very Fenderish with a mid bark that I assume is due to the EL-84 power section. The soak channel is good but I'm thinking about trying out some of the mods to see if I can change the character just a bit.

It's well made, the effects loop is good, and the reverb sounds rich on the older spring reverb models. I can't decide if I like the newer digital reverb on the later models.

I paid $225 used for this amp. Best $225 I've ever spent.
I want all of my former guitars back. Now!

#14 User is offline   bigtim 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationMiddle TN

Posted 11 March 2014 - 06:41 PM

Carvin fan here as well. I have the Carvin Nomad 1X12 amp combo which is the same as the belair but just single speaker. I really like it. It sounds nice, not really heavy at all compared to some other guitar combos I have dragged out to gigs. 2 Channels with reverb and 1 soak or gain knob. I really rocks out too. I have also owned the X100b 100 watt head. I have had 4 Carvin guitars 2 with the active passive pick ups and 2 without. I prefer just the regular Carvin set ups with out their active electronics. I still have 1 Carvin guitar which is the SC 90. It is a single cut but a little different than a LP with access to the upper frets. It plays like butter too. Best bang for the buck in a nice US made guitar factory set up. I might get some slack for the last comment but what the heck!! Tim
Paranoid Redneck Here ...............Stay away from that Gibson Acoustic room!!! Those Educated Commies in there will get you!!!

Gibson SG Standard

Check out my tunes

http://www.reverbnation.com/timh73

#15 User is offline   Kenny V 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationCleveland, OH

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:14 PM

I picked up a used Nomad and added a Carvin 1x12 extension cab. Makes it easier to transport. For the money, they are a great amp. The reverb on my is a little weak, but acceptable. My favorite sounding amp for my style of music is still a Fender Deluxe Reverb Reissue, or a Fender Twin. I also picked up a used Carvin California DC carved top guitar. A beautiful guitar that sounds great. Carvin makes well built guitars and amps at good a price that you custom order. The main problem is their poor resale value.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users