Gibson Brands Forums

Specs on my '95 Les Paul Standard?

davidos

I am the original owner of a 1995 Les Paul Standard in Wine Red finish... I am trying to find the specs to this guitar but am not have much luck... What were the Standards based on in '95?

The neck feels full to me... Pretty beefy.

Please advise! Thanks so much.

I am the original owner of a 1995 Les Paul Standard in Wine Red finish... I am trying to find the specs to this guitar but am not have much luck... What were the Standards based on in '95?

The neck feels full to me... Pretty beefy.

Please advise! Thanks so much.

Hey man!

I bought a Gibson les paul standard in cherry burst finish this week and I tried to look up the specs, but didn't find anything until now. I knew the thing with the pups, the swiss cheese holes and the short neck tenon, but that was about it.

"Are nine" is right about the neck profile, and this is the 59'rounded neck(correct me if i'm wrong), and it's a middle thing between the 50's and the 60's neck. The thing is that I traded my Gibson les paul classic 1960 reissue against a Fender vintage 57 commemorative strat, but hell no(!?) les paul is my rightful guitar. So I traded the strat for this les paul, and i'm really glad that i did.

It's also in really mint condish, no fretwear and so on...

This is my first inlay on this forum, so thank's guys!

ps: Sorry for bad english, i'm from Sweden:)!

/ christian

Weight-relieved (swiss cheese holes) body' date=' short neck tenon.

500k tone pots, 300k volume pots, ceramic disc capacitors.

Wasn't there just one neck profile back then and didn't '50s & '60s necks come out around 2002?[/quote']

Thanks for the comments... The guitar I have is in no way weight relieved (swiss cheese holes) :-#

I don't think they started chambering Les Pauls until the 2000's?

I hate to break it to you but yes' date=' it is.

Don't think that just because it's 9 or 10 lbs it has a solid-body.

Gibson started weight-relieving these in the early '80s. Chambering is completely different.

This is what your LP looks like on the inside.

[img']http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg225/Gibson_Tim/1998LPstandardradiograph.jpg[/img]

Interesting.... I had no idea about that... Mine is 9+ lbs. so I figured it was solid... Do all LP Standards from the 90's have that?

• 1 month later...
Hehe...problems...

lame.jpg

I don't uderstand your post. Sorry I am not american [cool]

I just wanna know if the 95 standard has one-piece or two-pieces body, and the same for the neck.

Because I'm gonna see one of this model tomorrow and I have to know some of these specs.

Thank you #-o

• 2 years later...

I've got a 1995 Heritage Cherry Burst Standard and this thread has me wondering...

Mine has a 60's slim taper neck and I don't recall that not being an option in the 90's and, having just weighed it, it comes out at 6.1kg/13.4lbs.

I thought the pups to be 490's (looking that up was how I'd ended up here), as I'd noticed that the current Traditionals on Gibson's site are described as coming with '57 Classics and thought "why, when 490's are available?".

More confuddled than ever now! :-s

Guest Farnsbarns

I don't uderstand your post. Sorry I am not american [cool]

I just wanna know if the 95 standard has one-piece or two-pieces body, and the same for the neck.

Because I'm gonna see one of this model tomorrow and I have to know some of these specs.

Thank you #-o

1, 2 or more pieces, it varies.

• 3 years later...

Archived