Gibson Brands Forums

Pick Ups

Okay, so to start off, I'm not entirely new at playing guitar, I've been teaching myself for about a year and a half now, but I just started getting really serious about it and figured out there is a lot I don't know about them that I need to learn. The problem I'm having is that I don't know too much about my pick ups. I have a Lyon by Washburn Beginner guitar, basically a Fender Stratocaster copy with three pickups. I was wondering if any of you experts, or anyone at all, on this forum could explain to me how I know if my pickups are set correctly, because I've felt for the longest time like they aren't and I'd really love to get this fixed.

Also, a side not, what brand of strings do you suggest is best for a beginner like me? I've been using the same set of Elixirs for about half a year now, but they have unfortunately been warped since I hadn't touched my instrument in a few months, and I was wondering if strings made much of a difference in the beginning stages of learning and how the string type will effect the guitar.

All help is much appreciated.

And they are the same set of strings??! Dude' date=' you need to change them. Enrie Ball make good, moderately priced strings. [/quote']

True.

Though personal i dont like Enrie Ball stings but you might.

Also can you post a pic of the guitar....cause if your is the same as the one i own (yes i own a lyon washburns strat) i might be able to help you more dude.

Archived