Gibson Brands Forums

Inane question of the week...curious.

gearbasher

If you were the sole survivor of the Apocalypse...the only one left on the face of the earth. Would you still play guitar?

Think about it.

Yes I'd go to my nearest music store, hook up a generator, A Marshall stack and a Les Paul and play my favourite licks from Slash.

Then I'd commit suicide!

Unfettered access to a music store>>>>> Fantastic

Generator>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>just need fuel

Marshall>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Great, memory Lane!

Les Paul>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Enough said brilliant guitar, one day I will get a Black Beauty

Licks from Slash?????

In any and every interpretation of the Phrase >>>>>>>enough for me personally to "fall on my sword"

But thats just my opnion I am sure others may disagree

Ho hum, time for bed, they're coming to take me away ha ha

BR

John

That's why I play the guitar in the privacy of my attic apartment. I'm practicing for the Apocolypse! I'm keeping a Gibson in a bomb shelter with some good Cabernet and Shiraz, lots of picks and strings and SPAM! Be sure to memorize as many songs as possible in case your lyrics get charred. You can play and sing as loud as you want and not irritate anyone. Shoot, that's starting to sound good. lol Interesting question.

That's why I play the guitar in the privacy of my attic apartment. I'm practicing for the Apocolypse! I'm keeping a Gibson in a bomb shelter with some good Cabernet and Shiraz' date=' lots of picks and strings and SPAM! Be sure to memorize as many songs as possible in case your lyrics get charred. You can play and sing as loud as you want and not irritate anyone. Shoot, that's starting to sound good. lol Interesting question.[/size']

Oyster Bay Chardonnay for me.... red wine makes my skin blush.

Hey! Does anyone remember when we were all going to the tropical island? We could only bring 10 albums and one guitar, I think that's how it went. What happened to that trip?

Oyster Bay Chardonnay for me.... red wine makes my skin blush.

Hey! Does anyone remember when we were all going to the tropical island? We could only bring 10 albums and one guitar' date=' I think that's how it went. What happened to that trip?[/quote']

It got rained out.

That's an interesting question, since so many songs we play are about people and events would it just be too sad to play them or such a joyful way to remember? I think I would still play, hopefully all the people are gone but all the STUFF is still here and I could play Omega man for a while, wander into Long & McQuade and pick up another Doves in Flight just 'cause my other one is out of tune, grab another D 41 'cause I can't remember where I left the other one....probably in the back seat of one of my Bentleys.

When we do our acoustic sets I play my 60 year old L-7 and the other guitar player plays a brass bodied dobro. The joke has become that if we were ever stranded on a desert island we could use my guitar to build the fire, and use his to cook in.

It would be a terrible demise to a couple of beautiful instruments. But until it was time to build the fire, I'd play the heck out of it.

Thats an interesting question and honestly don't know for sure.

probably be to busy hunting food and hiding from the huge cockroaches to make that much noise.

honestly I play for others as much as I do for myself it would be kinda strange to not see peoples reactions to the songs and music. now I sure would listen to music that would be a given so a solar charger is required if the world collapses .

Guess I'm too old for the Mad Max lifestyle of fighting mutants and eating old dogfood if they drop the bomb now I kinda hope it hit's my house, A/C along with good food and a decent wine are too important now =D>

too late for such deep thoughts

Let's see, If I were the sole survivor of the apocalypse. Sure I'd still play guitar but I'd probably only carry a Flying V around with me. Not only could I play it but I can use it as a spear or club and let's face it, chipmonks will be the size of SUVs so I'll need some kind of protection. I'll just tune the G string down a little and use it as a bow for hunting. If I break my leg I can use it as a crutch. I can tie a rope on to the end and use it to help me scale the rubble that was once buildings or I'll break the neck off and use it as a boom-a-rang.

Hmmm, my next book "1,001 uses for a flying V".

If you were the sole survivor of the Apocalypse...the only one left on the face of the earth. Would you still play guitar?

Think about it.

Absofriggin' lootly! If I had no guit tar, I'd make me a chordophone. No better way

to pass the time and attract, what could be, the last remaining woman on the planet.

Guit tars is chick bait.

Yes I would still play. I play for the comfort and relaxation and I am sure I would need extra comfort and relaxation!

I would probably play a lot of Blues and I think I would feel the Blues more than ever before!

Oh and GuitarStrummer ----- definitely Mary-Ann before Ginger !

Poor Ginger takes such a beating all the time. Now' date=' come on, you know you wouldn't kick her out of bed for eating crackers![/quote']

LOL, LOL, I can't believe you actually said that. I haven't heard that expression since the last time I did just that (not Ginger, someone else). That was many decades ago, though.

Let me educate you about men, GG. Most Ginger types only break your heart and have nothing above the shoulders. Give me an ordinary, educated woman any time. After all, when you're old and gray sitting on the front porch pickin' your Gibson, the Ginger types would have lost any good looks they've had by then and won't be able to carry on a conversation with the Collie keeping her feet warm. About all she'd be good for is holding your capo.

Archived