Gibson Brands Forums

G7th Capo

Acousticat

I have a G7th Capo, it does not hold down the strings tight enough.

I make sure that its in tune before I place the Capo on and have tried moving the Capo back off the frets a bit still no differences . I think the locking mechanism is slipping making the guitar go out of tune.

Has anyone had this happen,using this Capo.

Mine works great. How old is it, Sal? Maybe you could get it exchanged for a new one? Someone was telling me the other day that Kyser capos have a lifetime warranty?! If they break, they'll replace them free of charge! The problem is, I find the death grip on the Kyser just too much to bear most days.

Mine works great. How old is it' date=' Sal? Maybe you could get it exchanged for a new one? Someone was telling me the other day that Kyser capos have a lifetime warranty?! If they break, they'll replace them free of charge! The problem is, I find the death grip on the Kyser just too much to bear most days.[/quote']

Thanks Karen, but mines a G7th Capo. I will check and see what kind of warranty they have. Maybe they will exchange it ,it's only about an year and half old?

Sal, I've recently been in contact with the inventor of the G7th capo. They did have problems with them and have redesigned them. If you contact them, they'll replace it. They replaced mine and I bought mine about the same time period when you bought yours. The new one seems to work better. FWIW, they have also just come out with a "Nashville " model. It is designed much like the Kyser and I like it a lot. I've heard that the Kyser isn't good for your frets because it's too tight. I also own a few Kysers and they seem to pull me out of tune pretty easily.

http://www.g7th.com/

My favorite capo is whatever capo "I can find" at any given time.O:) I have a rotation of 3: a planet waves ns (love it, but misplace that one the most); a G7 (love the way it feels in my hand, not so much on my guitar; a parrot capo (cool looks, and functional as well).

Thanks Karen' date=' but mines a G7th Capo. I will check and see what kind of warranty they have. Maybe they will exchange it ,it's only about an year and half old?[/quote']

Yes I realized that (hence the title of the thread) LOL My point was that if Kyser replaces them so readily, G7th might too. Sorry, my mind moves so fast sometimes even I can't keep up LOL (that's my story and I'm stickin' to it)

Kyser for me although the octave string on lower E on the 12 needs care.

Like many I take a semitone/tone off the 12 string which means you either slap a capo on or the wailing noise which somes out of my mouth sounds even worse!

Haven't really speny much time with the G7th will have a look at this and the PW

Don't like Shubbs /Jimmy dunlops anyone want to buy a few?

I've been using a G7th but found that it wasn't tight enough on the higher E and B strings, so I tried many other brands, including Schubb and Kyser.

The one that worked great for me is the Paige P-6E capo, so that's what I would recommend. OK, I had to modify it a little bit to fit my Hummingbird perfectly, but still, the best one so far... Perfectly in tune, and you don't have to tighten it so hard. Another wonderful thing is that when you're not using it, you just "roll" it to the headstock side of the nut.

-Magnus

I have heard good and bad about the G7 capos. They are real lightweight and have a nice look. As other posters have said, I'm sure they will replace it.

The shubb is my capo of choice. Simple to use, not much can go wrong, doesn't affect the tuning when used, and it looks great. Just my 2 cents.

The G7 works fine on my Martins, but lousy on my Gibsons. Just doesn't hold the strings down tightly enough. Lots of buzziness. Could this have something to do with the slight curvature/arc of the fretboard on my Gibbys? The Martins seem much flatter/straighter across the board.

Last year i bought a bunch of the PW NS Capos I pictured above. The dealer was doing a special on guitar accessories of buy any 2, get 1 free. So I purchased 4 and got 2 free. I now keep one each in the cases of the guitars I play the most. It was a pain in the backside always going through my cases looking for the one and only capo I owned prior.

I have heard good and bad about the G7 capos. They are real lightweight and have a nice look. As other posters have said' date=' I'm sure they will replace it. [/quote']

Are you sure you aren't confusing the G7th with another brand? The G7th is the heaviest capo I've ever seen. In fact, my biggest fear is dropping it accidentally on my guitar top and putting a ding in the guitar. IMHO, that's the biggest problem with the G7th. But then again, it's also a plus because it really makes it feel substantial. In fact, if the earth would get hit by a meteor and everything was destroyed, the G7th (and the Cockroach) would probably survive.

Are you sure you aren't confusing the G7th with another brand? The G7th is the heaviest capo I've ever seen. In fact' date=' my biggest fear is dropping it accidentally on my guitar top and putting a ding in the guitar. IMHO, that's the biggest problem with the G7th. But then again, it's also a plus because it really makes it feel substantial. In fact, if the earth would get hit by a meteor and everything was destroyed, the G7th (and the Cockroach) would probably survive. [/quote']

I can't really give an honest to goodness opinion on the G7th only to say those who own them seem to swear by them. And those who had them and didn't like them seemingly swore at them. The G7th seemed pricey if I recall correctly. And i am beleiver in you get what you ay for most of the time, but the NS which I bought on the recommendation of others on the Martin forum has done the trick when I need it. Prior to the NS I used a Kyser, but it broke, and dd so at the worst possible time, when I needed it. 8-[

Update,

G7th is taking care my issues with the Capo I purchased. They will be sending me a new Capo.

A Big Thanks to Nick & Noel for taking care of business. It was a pleasure dealing with them.

They take great pride in their products and customers satisfaction. :(

Archived