Gibson Brands Forums

2001 Les Paul Standard neck question

Gutch220

The fastest way to find out is to call Gibson and tell them your serial number and they should be able to tell you. 1-800-4-Gibson. If you have any of the original case candy i.e. pre-inspection checklist or other tags, look for the product code. It should look something like this example LP5HSNH1 what it will actually have will depend on what finish and features yours has, but the number will be either a 5 or a 6. 5= 50's rounded; 6=60's slim taper. You could also pull out the neck pickup and see if the product code is in there too. At some point, I forget exactly when, but I think it was post 2001 they also started using a brass coloured truss rod nut for one profile, and silver for the other (I forget which is which) again Gibson should be able to tell you that.

Gibson started chambered LPs in late 2006, 2007 is the first full year of chambered LPs. Prior to that LPs were "weight relieved" with 9 holes drilled out of the mahogany body to lessen the weight a bit. This process was started in 1982 I believe, and continued untill 2006. It was refered to as the "swiss cheese" effect.

Archived