Gibson Brands Forums

Replacing Tuners on J-45TV

thruz

I'm thinking about replacing the tuners on my J-45TV (the white plastic just doesn't do it for me). Any recommendations would be appreciated (I'm looking for something that will fit with no modifications).

Go with your heart on this but save the original buttons in case you sell and it matters to the buyer. The True Vintage "green" GOTOH tuners should be a drop in. That's what I got to replace those ugly white buttons on my Crow. Haven't made the switch yet because those Masterbilt strings still don't need replacement.

Les

Yes' date=' Welcome! I too feel that unless there is something physically wrong with the tuner, you'd be changing look that flows with the theme.[/quote']

Sometimes a person just has to go with what they feel, knowing that their heart will direct them toward the bounty of the Universe.

Change the tuners buddy. Change 'em with something gnarly, chrome and big.

I know you don't buy guitars usually thinking of resale, but to me when making chnages to guitars, I usually at least make sure I keep the original parts in case there is a point in time it may be sold to acquire another guitar. Most people look for originl examples for the most part. Or at least one's that include the original parts, be it tuners, pickups, etc...

Archived