Gibson Brands Forums

So far...

Tenacious T

Thumbs up for the appearance of the new forum and for the ease of navigation and use. I like it much better.

On the downside, though, I still see the current folder divisions as confusing. For instance, where does one post a question about a '60s- or '70s-era ES-335? Should it go in the forum for "Other Gibson Electrics" or in the "Vintage Gibson" section? What about an ES-125: is it a vintage guitar or just an old hollow-body? And why do only the Les Paul and the SG warrant their own sections? And for that matter, what if I have a question about playing an ES-125 acoustically: should I then post in the acoustic forum???

Wouidn't it be more simple to have one broad acoustic guitar forum, one broad electric guitar forum, one bass forum, etc. and then subfolders for each major instrument family within that category, as well as a general discussion area? Then, people can ask general questions about, say, "Gibson electrics" or refer the question more specifically to a lower subfolder discussing a particular instrument (ES-335, SG, etc.). And I am not sure why the vintage edition of an ES-335 cannot be discussed in the same place as the new ES-335s. This division seems artificial unless Gibson decides, for instance, that all guitars made before 1960 are "vintage" guitars. Or is "vintage" now just a fancy way of saying "discontinued models"?

And as some of the Epiphone users have noted, it is a bit of an embarrassment that all the non-Gibson brands are now smashed into one folder: this hardly encourages much active discussion there. This is sad because the Epiphone forum typically is the most active forum around here these days, probably seeing more action on any given day than all the Gibson folders combined.

Just some thoughts based on reading and answering here over the last year and seeing how hard it is for inquirers to find what they need.

Hi Everyone!

Thank you all so much for your patience and input. I am working on all of these issues and will reply individually when I resolve each.

In the meantime, most problems seem be related to caching so try ctrl + F5 to refresh if something is amiss.

Thanks for all the feedback and keep it coming!

Archived