Gibson Brands Forums

4/30/08: AC/DC's You Shook Me All Night Long

Guest Gibson Lifestyle

Guest Gibson Lifestyle

Lesson of the Day: AC/DC's You Shook Me All Night Long

043008_video.jpg

Allright all you cover band junkies, here's a lesson for the ages: how to play (correctly) AC/DC's most popular song, "You Shook Me All Night Long."

Our man SoloDallas, aka Filippo F. Olivieri, is a master with a Gibson SG, and his favorite band and guitarist of all time are AC/DC and Angus Young, respectively. His Youtube site is completely devoted to teaching fellow guitarists every song in the AC/DC catalog, as well as loads of other classic rock and roll songs.

Today's lesson from SoloDallas comes in three parts, each dedicated to the different sections of the song. The first part tackles the basic chords structure of the song, with parts two and three taking individual looks at the intro, chorus, and solo. In between, SoloDallas offers great tips on timing, and other important aspects of playing it just the way Angus did on the record.

Click here for today's AC/DC lesson from SoloDallas >>

Also, be sure to check out the Angus Young Signature SG, which is Gibson's tribute to the legacy of this legendary artist.

And please don't forget to check back tomorrow for yet another great lesson from Gibson Lifestyle!

Archived